Raccoon and GBH up close at Juanita

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Well after seeing Bill Dewey, Louis and now Ron post shots if this raccoon, I can finally say I have one also. The first picture was so close I almost could not focus. These guys are a challenge in the late afternoon light due to the wide dynamic range. I tried my best but still blew the highlights. Then I saw this heron and it just kept getting closer and closer. These are pretty much uncropped shots. All with the D2X and Sigma 500 with 1.4tc. Last shot is the male wood duck. I really like these guys.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Another great set Jim!!
    like em all

3. Hi Jim,

Good shots. Like the 5th one, the raccoon dozing.

Ron

4. That raccoon profile is precious, James! Raccoons are nocturnal visitors around here, so it's great to see them in the daylight loafing around and enjoying themselves. I really enjoyed your series.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice series Jim. The GBH is definitely up close and personal, but my favorites are the raccoon shots. What a cutie. :smile:

All very well captured. :wink:

6. Thanks all, yes I had wanted to get some shots of the raccoons that have been around, so I was happy to finally get the chance. They don't stay out in the open long, so you have to be ready. Still easier than trying to get birds in flight for sure. Again thanks for looking and I hope you get your camera back soon Frank.

I am off to visit the grand tetons in a few days. I hope to find some different animals to take pictures of.

7. Wow, you were up close and got some great shot to prove it. Way to go.