1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rachael + purple trees

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by imagesbyelizabeth, May 3, 2011.

1. I've been walking past these trees on campus for over a week and have been wanting to do pictures with them but have been busy with school and haven't had a chance. I finally got a chance to do them and loved every second of it! Here are a few pictures from my session with Rachael!

DSC_7046_April%2B27%252C%2B2011-Edit.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_7090_April%2B27%252C%2B2011-Edit.jpg

DSC_7101_April%2B27%252C%2B2011-Edit.jpg

DSC_7113_April%2B27%252C%2B2011-Edit.jpg

DSC_7120_April%2B27%252C%2B2011-Edit.jpg

[​IMG]

Lets just pretend I didn't cut off her fingers on this one :tongue:
    [​IMG]

2. Longshanks

Longshanks

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Great shots, nr 4 is my fav.

3. Thanks Marc!!

4. I like #1 the best. She looks like she is having a good time and the pose works, especially because she is on a hill. I would have liked to see just a little bit darker, more saturated pinks in it though. Maybe something closer to number 5. or split the difference :tongue:

I really like her jacket too :biggrin:

(next time, watch the bracelets/hair ties. I always have to tell my friend/fav model kelly to take hers off :tongue:) 

5. Billy_M

Billy_M

Apr 17, 2009
    Los Angeles
    #1 is also my favorite. the pictures look better w/ her not wearing that big coat.

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    She's very pretty. I'm going with #4 as my favorite of the series.

7. Tony Ad

Tony Ad

May 20, 2008
    Fairfax Station, VA
    Tony Admana
    Nice set. #1 & #7 are my faves.:smile:

8. Scott, I will try that later. I actually brought up the pinks a lot in that one and I'm afraid if I bring it up much more they're gonna start glowing. I'll see what I can do.

I kept asking her to take her coat off and she'd get upset and say I didn't like it (jokingly of course) but she was pretty fond of it so I let her do some with it.

She is very pretty! I have SOO many pictures of this girl! I think I have 10 of her for my POTD's. I'll be living with in about 5 days so I'm sure there will be even more!1

Thanks Tony!

9. gordong

gordong

Jan 11, 2009
    Eden NY
    I like number one and number four. Would like to see the colors pop a little more via curves though, with just a touch of smoothing to her skin. Very pretty model.

With your permission I love to try to PP one.

10. Gordon, you have my permission! :smile: If you would like to work with the raw file, let me know!

I always feel like I have enough contrast and then let it sit for a few days and see so many changes I could make to my pictures

11. I love those trees, Elizabeth... I can see why you wanted to use them. The first picture stands out for me. As for the cut-off pictures, well, you just can't take that back... it's "painful" haha. :smile: Do it enough, and you will learn to look for those details before pressing the shutter button. I still don't look closely enough. That's why I take an assistant when it counts...

12. Thanks Shaun! And she didn't need her fingers anyways :tongue:

13. gordong

gordong

Jan 11, 2009
    Eden NY
    Ok; here is a version, mind you quick and dirty...so to speak, about 3 minutes in photoshop Adjusted levels and curves, a touch of dodging and very small amount of smoothing.

Before

DSC_7113_April%2B27%252C%2B2011-Edit.jpg

After
    original.jpg

14. Looks good! What exactly did you do for the smoothing?

15. gordong

gordong

Jan 11, 2009
    Eden NY
    Clone stamp tool in photoshop, but their's lots of different methods depending on how much or how little you what to edit. I personally don't like to over do the smoothing because it just doesn't look realistic. But for some shots you can.

16. Elizabeth - I love #1. The colors are just punchy enough and the background is perfectly blurred.

Very nice!

17. Ronnie B.

Ronnie B.

Jan 22, 2011
    Vienna
    I really like #3, composition, her pose, it all works. You did a good job on those!
    There is definitly more to good pictures than not cutting off Fingers. Like you said, I don't think she is missing them here.;) 

18. mchong75

mchong75

Jul 2, 2010
    Frisco, Texas
    You did great on #1.

19. Ok, that's what I thought you did but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier trick I didn't know about! :tongue:

Thanks Mike!

Thanks Ronnie! I've gotten better about not cutting feet, arms, and fingers off lately but sometimes you just forget to include those suckers!

Thanks mchong!

20. Billy_M

Billy_M

Apr 17, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I like how you got the colors to match in #3 with the jacket and background :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.