Radiant

I was struck by the movement radiating from that tree. I tried to frame it in a sweet spot with the lines of the branches echoed by that of the bridge in the background. It's more of a study - thus, the B&W. Perhaps the heart is missing here.
I went back today with my D70 (new firmware and a new Blue/Yellow filter). Still have to work it - and I may post it too.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon COOLPIX8800
2005/05/15 11:05:42
RAW (12-bit)
Image Size: 3264 x 2488
Color
Converter Lens: None
Focal Length: 8.9mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/211.8 sec - F/2.8
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 50
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-S
Tone Comp.: Auto
Flash Sync Mode: Front Curtain
Digital Zoom Ratio: 1.00
Saturation comp: 0
Sharpening: Normal
Noise Reduction: Off

Hi Christian,

I think you're right. This scenic has a potential. A suggestion if you don't mind : try a lower position toward the ground with the camera tilting up to include more radiant branches into the picture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
daodang said:
Hi Christian,

I think you're right. This scenic has a potential. A suggestion if you don't mind : try a lower position toward the ground with the camera tilting up to include more radiant branches into the picture.
Thank you - good suggestion. I did try it, but on that day, the sky was all grey and I feared that tilting up would include too much of that bland space. I will explore some more and get back to the spot when the sky is more interesting. Also, was I stuck to some rigid principle ?, moving up the lens displaced the focus of radiation from the UL to the middl left.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom