Radiant

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, May 18, 2005.

1. I was struck by the movement radiating from that tree. I tried to frame it in a sweet spot with the lines of the branches echoed by that of the bridge in the background. It's more of a study - thus, the B&W. Perhaps the heart is missing here.
    I went back today with my D70 (new firmware and a new Blue/Yellow filter). Still have to work it - and I may post it too.
    [​IMG]
    Nikon COOLPIX8800
    2005/05/15 11:05:42
    RAW (12-bit)
    Image Size: 3264 x 2488
    Color
    Converter Lens: None
    Focal Length: 8.9mm
    Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
    Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
    1/211.8 sec - F/2.8
    Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
    Sensitivity: ISO 50
    White Balance: Auto
    AF Mode: AF-S
    Tone Comp.: Auto
    Flash Sync Mode: Front Curtain
    Digital Zoom Ratio: 1.00
    Saturation comp: 0
    Sharpening: Normal
    Noise Reduction: Off

2. Nice shot Christian!! :D :D :D

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    I think you're right. It has potential.

4. Hi Christian,

I think you're right. This scenic has a potential. A suggestion if you don't mind : try a lower position toward the ground with the camera tilting up to include more radiant branches into the picture.

5. Thank you - good suggestion. I did try it, but on that day, the sky was all grey and I feared that tilting up would include too much of that bland space. I will explore some more and get back to the spot when the sky is more interesting. Also, was I stuck to some rigid principle ?, moving up the lens displaced the focus of radiation from the UL to the middl left.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.