Radiant

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, May 18, 2005.

1. I was struck by the movement radiating from that tree. I tried to frame it in a sweet spot with the lines of the branches echoed by that of the bridge in the background. It's more of a study - thus, the B&W. Perhaps the heart is missing here.
    I went back today with my D70 (new firmware and a new Blue/Yellow filter). Still have to work it - and I may post it too.
    [​IMG]
    Nikon COOLPIX8800
    2005/05/15 11:05:42
    RAW (12-bit)
    Image Size: 3264 x 2488
    Color
    Converter Lens: None
    Focal Length: 8.9mm
    Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
    Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
    1/211.8 sec - F/2.8
    Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
    Sensitivity: ISO 50
    White Balance: Auto
    AF Mode: AF-S
    Tone Comp.: Auto
    Flash Sync Mode: Front Curtain
    Digital Zoom Ratio: 1.00
    Saturation comp: 0
    Sharpening: Normal
    Noise Reduction: Off

2. Nice shot Christian!! :D :D :D

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    I think you're right. It has potential.

4. Hi Christian,

I think you're right. This scenic has a potential. A suggestion if you don't mind : try a lower position toward the ground with the camera tilting up to include more radiant branches into the picture.

5. Thank you - good suggestion. I did try it, but on that day, the sky was all grey and I feared that tilting up would include too much of that bland space. I will explore some more and get back to the spot when the sky is more interesting. Also, was I stuck to some rigid principle ?, moving up the lens displaced the focus of radiation from the UL to the middl left.