Raining variations

It has been raining so I have been experimenting. Both include conversion to BW with Nik Silver Efex. The second image has a mask to transition from Color at the top to BW at the bottom.All comments welcome - Brian
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Many thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate your comments. Silver Efex is not for everyone (cost justification) and there are about a zillion ways to convert to B&W. Obviously, if converting a small number of images the cost is not justified, nontheless the software works well for me and I like the speed at which I can produce many variations of the conversion before deciding which works for the effect that I am trying to create. I am still learning the finer points of Silver Efex but so far think it will be added to my suite of tools.
Brian

Interesting Brian, but, from what little I've seen from this software, the same kinds of effects can easily be obtained with the standard, more complete editing packages.
Yes and no. The ability to use Nik's U=Point control and brush technology makes it very much quicker and easier to do it with the plug-in.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom