Critique Rainy day at Gatorland

Rainy, over cast day at Gatorland. Nice portrait type lighting.
I was basically going nuts and had to go shoot something. Had a really fun day.
Really only shot 2 birds, each for about an hour apiece. Numbers are still sparse. But eventually these guys give in and give you a shot.
I got pretty wet. I'll let you know how the weathersealing of the sony a7riv is, it got wet as well. Not soaked, but wet.
Please critique away- I have thick skin. The preening egret was a lucky shot- he stretched the wing out for about 2 seconds. Light was really low, so iso is way too high. My bad. Still like the shot though.
gary
orlando 121420 23699_DxO_1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

orlando 121420 24216_DxO.jpg

orlando 121420 24040_DxO.jpg

orlando 121420 23978_DxO copy.jpg

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
looks like quite heavy rain but great captures! The last one is really good.

Thanks all!
I love to take pictures in the rain. The old saying "bad weather makes good pictures" is often true.
I have the think tank rain covers for all my gear- but usually just end up using a little plastic bag I keep in my bag.
Rain pictures are iffy, you never know what you are going to get. I really did not expect much with this rain, but a couple of clicks from under cover- 3rd image- made me realize it looked pretty good. I then went out and got really wet. This snowy just sat there looking forlorn.
I agree, the world really does not need any more pictures of a bird on a stick. But they are just so much fun to shoot- and occasionally you can get something different.
Thanks again for the thumbs up. Lots more of these to go through.
gary

Real Name
Randy
great set but the last one is very special

personally I'm not a big fan of too many black bg shots but white on black here is perfect

Latest threads

Top Bottom