Rainy day at the Philly Zoo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Was pouring out today so spent a hour or so at the zoos indoor exhibits.
    All these shots taken through glass. were shot with D2H and the Nikon 24-120VR, used the SB800 mounted off camera and connected via SC29 cable. Did this to cut down on glare.
    Here are a few
    original.
    original.
    original.

2. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    i like your snake shot...nice bokeh...cool website too!

thanks for sharing

3. They are all keepers but #3 is my favorite. Excellent composition and use of DOF.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Mike, great shots. I like all of them. Very well exposed and great color saturation. 8)

Someone needs to tell Nancy to look at these as a good example of what the 24-120VR can do. :wink:

Frank

5. Thanks you sir, I appreciate you takign the time to look

6. Thanks there wer not many sanke oppurtunites today they we all curled up sleeping, this is one guy who was semi awake

7. Thanks Frank, you know my 24-120 gets left in the bag a lot, it is a great multi purpose lens and is very sharp at f8 from 24-90 so using it those circumstance works well. It performs OK at other settings but that is the sweet spot.

8. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Re: the second one, so that's what happened to Louie!!! From doing commercials for a major US brewery to a zoo. Hope he gets residuals....

9. Great shots, Mike. Thanks for sharing your images with the Cafe!! :) :) :) :) :)