1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rainy Day Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bvonarx, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Looks like the theme of the weekend for Right Coasters, rainy day soccer. I learned how to hold an umbrella and monopod with one hand and shoot with the other, pretty cumbersome at first but overall not to bad, sure made me wish for a Think tank cover. Anyway here are my efforts

No. 1
    [​IMG]

No. 2
    [​IMG]

No. 3
    [​IMG]

No. 4
    [​IMG]

No. 5
    [​IMG]

2. Brooks, these are awesome.
    I can't see #'s 1, 2, and 3 though. And I want to see them!
    :smile:

3. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Brooksie, nice job here! Some good action caught, esp the last one!

4. Brooks, these are great, I first thought #2 was my fave, but I'm also digging #5 w/ the hair coming off the red player...you need one of those umbrella holders, LOL.

5. Brooks looking pretty sweet. And I can say the TT Hydrophobia is pretty nice.

6. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    #5 Rocks well done series

7. audu67

audu67

Jan 14, 2008
    Decatur, Alabama
    Brooks,

After seeing so many bright, sunny action shots it's nice to see such great shots in the rain. I really like seeing the droplets as they are frozen with the players. You have obviously perfected the umbrella technique - not sure if you should chance another way of protection.

8. Fantastic images books the think tank cover is money well spent easier to say since it isnt my money

9. awesome
    #5 is even better

10. Walo

Walo

Sep 14, 2008
    New England
    Excellent pictures, I really like #5 :smile:

11. Thanx Joe it was messy but worth it

Thanx Tim, sometimes you just get lucky

Thanx Chris, I think I'll get my wife to hold the umbrella next time, right!

Thanx Geoff, Yup the hydrophobia looks like a good one.

Thanx Mark, I'm really liking the rain

Thanx Don, the umbrella was a desperate choice but worked well, still not convinced it's the way to go.

Thanx Mike, just need six lucky numbers and I'm running to Adorama

Thanx Randy, somedays it pays to go out and play in the rain

Thanx for looking Walo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.