1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

RAINY Women's Soccer too.

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by steveking, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Here's my shots from a VERY RAINY Sunday soccer game!

1 - Right from the outset, everyone was wet.
    373459846_e29Aq-L.

2 - The first goal!
    373461947_B57Yt-L.

3 - the view from the sidelines was no better
    373466754_kmvEX-L.

4 - The fans were staying dry though, barely!
    373471671_7Gyyw-L.

5 - Staying off the ground was the only way to not get soaked!
    373474481_8wP28-L.

6 - Some downpours were heavier than others
    373482507_cEgdw-L.

7 - check out the splashes from just running!
    373490400_L6T43-L.

8 - more splashes
    373492601_H5Vx3-L.

9 - and more
    373496247_QxwAd-L.

10 - and yet again
    373500292_nyorr-L.

11 - great save on a penalty kick! Check the reaction of the girl in the foreground right side!
    373498409_UCMuS-L.

WOW, the SUN is out today!!! Hoo, hoo! That and people are getting their power back too, which is good.

2. Nice Steve, I dig the shot of the flying girl. I love shootign in this stuff for me Sunday was Sunny and 93 5 fotball games on turf fields, my merrills were melting.

3. Nice coverage, some days it really does pay to go out in the rain.

4. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    400mm I'm guessing? Nice job, better than I fared, but you're the pro!

5. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

I love shots in the rain !! .... good stuff steve !!

6. looking good Steve...

7. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    nice set - but - have NEVER seen such a bunch of miserable spectators in my life

8. Thanks gang, yes it was rainy as h - e - double toothpics all dang day!! On Sunday alone we got 5+" of rain, yikes!

Darren, miserable spectators? You should see them when our girls lose!! Albeit that's only happened three times in the last two years, but in this weather it could get ugly.
    And let me tell you, the photographer (ME!) was wearing shorts too, driving rain, Brella Bag holding my golf umbrella, shooting D2X & 400mm as usual, and just FIGHTING the elements for 1.45min with DRY feet until I walked on the field and SUNK IN to above the tops of my shoes! :mad: 

These girls all played in this slop for the whole game, wow, I'm glad it was September in this and not November as usual, now that would have been miserable!

Thanks for looking, I'm SOOOOO happy it's sunny and warm today!!!!!

9. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Good stuff Steve ,brave the elements and you will be rewarded-these shots prove that

10. Nice looking shots, I would like to see the brella bag in action. Any chance for a showing like Tim did with his monopod set up?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.