Random Stuff

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Davo, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    so...i found a pile of stuff from photo school, back in photo 2. scanning from a print, a neg (inside the sleeve), and a contact sheet (in that order). just thought i'd share. :)

tenillemirror2.

tenillescratches.

gingy1.

cheers, guys. :)

2. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

All great shots, but that second one is fantastic!!!

3. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    I like the first one, very nice set! The 2nd one lokks like the neg was a bit dusty when you scanned it =P

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    1 is well done Davo and 2 is creatively printed. I take it that was done without digital help.

5. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    thanks :D its much less exciting straight up...i give partial credit to the horrible scan job my printer does (no backlight/neg scanner...just high scan res).

i scanned it while it was still in the protective plastic negative sleeve...i had no idea they got so scratched up over the years, lol. the negative itself is just fine (i imagine, probably just some residue and dust). i didn't want to bother taking it out, i just wanted to see how it would scan since it was a high key shot. it didn't scan any better actually. lol

it was sort of done without digital help. the scratches and whatnot were from the original scan, though enhanced a bit just with the curves and levels i had to use to get anything out of the scan (a print of this negative is actually very straight forward high key)...i added the vignetting, and selectively sharpened, and history brushed, to bring out the eye. but, like the mamiya shot, a lot of credit goes to the scanner (and its lack of ability to scan negatives, lol).

thanks guys :D

6. The second one is great. Makes me think "ex girlfriend" for some reason.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The classic ex-ing out technique, eh?

8. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    haha, thanks. maybe i'll use those suggestions for a title :p

she was in my lighting class that semester, and was a great and easy model to work with because of her experience behind the camera.

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    And her looks in front of the camera don't hurt either. Hey! I'm taking that class in the Fall if my work schedule permits it.

10. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    here she is from the front, plenty of light, no scratches (d70 + 28-70/2.8)

http://www.pbase.com/deckert/image/62546015

that semester i was taking photo 2, lighting, and large format, all at the same time. all from the same prof no less. good times. :)

she moved to florida...one of her goals was to do a book on voodoo/witchcraft/shamans/medicine men/etc.

11. I'll go with Chris' assesment of your work.

re: image 62546015: What a cutie. What did she ever do to you to cause you to inflict that background on her??!

12. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    haha...the purple.

you mean you don't like magenta? lol

the assignment was to do a background with gels...so we figured, why not go crazy :p

13. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

LOVE the jackson Pollock face.