1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JessP7, Jul 27, 2008.

1. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    OK, I just finished watching this video, and I must say it was very good. Randy Pausch was a Professor at Carnegie Mellon University who was diagnosed with terminal cancer. This was his last lecture at the university. It is very moving to hear some of the things that he has to say. He begins by saying that he will not talk about cancer, religion, and his family, so you can eliminate those from your expectations. There are none of those things to tread though, just some good solid advice for living life to the greatest. If you have the time, or can break it into segments if you don't, take a look.

I didn't realize until about halfway through the video that Randy recently passed, actually it was on Friday.

Link to video

By the way Randy was a pioneer in Virtual Reality. He has worked on many projects which he mentions in his lecture, even including working as a Disney Imagineer. (very cool in my book!)

2. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    He was such an amazing and inspirational man!!!! The world needs more people like him. Every time I think of him I think of the story he told of taking his neice and nephew out and his sister telling them to be careful in his new car and behind her back he poured a can of soda all over the seat like it was no big deal. And in the big scheme of things it really wasnt.....

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I truly cried this morning when they showed him giving the address at Carnagie Mellon on May 18 of this year. I loved how he whisked his wife off the stage but kissed her first. What a man!!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.