1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Randy wrote history

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilofoxtrott, Feb 12, 2019.

1. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    As first member of the Café Randy scored more than 40,000 posts.

And in all posts you've showed up as a master of photography and technology.

Congratulations Randy.
    Please continue in this way.

A day to remember
    Klaus

• Like Like x 2
  2. Congrats buddy. (y)

3. My goodness, when did you find time to use your camera... :rolleyes:  LOL... :D :D 
    Congrats.... (y)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

40,000 posts?? Wowwww! :eek: 

WAY TO GO, RANDY!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    :D 

5. thanks everyone although I'm not sure 40k posts is a good thing....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I was gonna say, haha...

Let's assume an average post takes 30s to write. At 40,000 posts, that's 20,000 minutes or over 333 hours! Given that Randy has been a member for nearly 13 years, it means that he's spent an average of 25 hours per year posting messages on the site. Over one day per year for the last 13 years!

Randy, your dedication is unrivaled!

• Wow Wow x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Congrats, Randy!

8. Your maths made my brain hurt....too early for that for me!! lol

But seriously...Congrats, Randy. :D 

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I post here almost everyday, what am I doing wrong? Lol

Update: I've been posting about 1041 post per year at a rate of 2.85 post a day for the past 13 years and I'm nowhere near 40k post! :p 

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
  10. I haven’t seen all 40,000 of your posts Randy, but all of them I’ve seen have been informative and often inspirational. Thanks for your advice and comments, they’ve helped steer my craft in a good way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Randy, thank you for your many years of contributions to this community. I truly appreciate you and love the photos you've shared over the course of your tenure here.

Here's to the next 40,000! :D 

12. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Pretty awesome 40,000 posts not to mention great photography

13. Most of us here find it easy to post quick opinions or snarky comments (I speak from experience :rolleyes: ). The thing I respect about Randy is his generosity with his knowledge and experience. Helping others makes you one of the good guys here, Randy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. One of those 40,000 had the comment that the D800 was a “game changer”.......click, click, click to B&H, and another contribution to Nikon’s bottom line :rolleyes: 

It’s the real world photo experiences of Randy and others here that I take seriously.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. And most of your posts are accompanied by exquisite photos; all have well-practiced experiences to share; and all show your skill and generosity. Thanks for the 40,000 memories (y)

16. Looking forward to the next 40,000 posts, so get crackin'!

17. OK, enough of the effusive praise. When do we get to do the Randy roast? I need to know when to start polishing my zingers. :D 

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. I'm on almost everyday, but posting every day? One word, dedication. Thanks for so many great images.

19. I have a memory of an earlier Randy profile picture (long before his ears grew long!) where he was sporting a headband and splotches of what looked like face paint. Anyone else remember that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.