• All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. The Nikon Cafe and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/help/terms

Older transaction feedback (left prior to the new system) can be found in our Feedback Archive.

Randy's Lenses Re-OPENED !!!! ...

Buy/Sell feedback for Butlerkid (1)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
FINALLY, here are the lenses that Melodee has for sale. In general, ALL the lenses appeared to be in like-new condition. Only a couple of lenses (AIR the 70-300 and the 80-400) showed slight signs of being handled. They are all excellent lenses! I wasn't able to photograph the glass well enough to show that there were no visible-to-me marks, scratches, etc (guess that would be a job for Mike Buckley! ;)) But the glass is clean on all lenses and I saw no signs of mold, fungus, etc.

If you are interested in buying an item listed below, please send a PM (Private message) to @Melodee's gear. So that I can help Melodee if needed, when you prepare the PM, please look on the right side of the screen and select "Invite more" and add me (Butlerkid) to the PM. That way both Melodee and I will get the PM. THANKS!

ALL PRICES INCLUDE PP FEES AND SHIPPING TO USA

1. AF-S 500mm f4E FL ED VR Serial #201038 Price $7,200
Includes: Lens, LensCoat protective coverings, Nikon boot, manual, metal case
PHOTOS

2. AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f2.8G ED Serial #338178 Price $175
Includes: Box, manual
PHOTOS SALE PENDING

3. AF-S 18-105mm f3.5-5.6G ED DX Serial # US36519173 Price $90
Includes: Box, Hood, cloth bag
PHOTOS (the other item in the photos was simply used to prop up the lens for photos...)

4. AF-S 24-120 f/4G ED VR Serial # US66000559 Price $ 375
Includes: Box, hood, cloth bag
PHOTOS SALE PENDING

5. AF-S Nikkor 16-80mm f2.8-4E VR ED DX Serial # 327919 Price $495
Includes: Hood
PHOTOS

6. AF-S VR 70-300 f4.5-5.6G IF ED Serial # US2370304 Price $ 155
Includes: Box, hood, manual, cloth bag
PHOTOS SOLD

7. AF-S 80- 400mm f4-5.6G ED VR Serial # 302952 Price $975
Includes, Box, LC-A13 lens collar and foot, original collar, unused Nikon strap, hood, lens case
PHOTOS SALE PENDING

8. 50mm AF-S 1.8G Serial # 3474298 Price $ 150
Includes: Box, hood, manual, cloth bag
PHOTOS

9. AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Serial # 301642 Price $200
Includes: Box
PHOTOS

10. AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Serial # 330050 Price $175
Includes: Box, manual
PHOTOS

11. APO Tele Converter 1.4X EX DG for Nikon Price: $125
Includes: End cap, Nikon lens cap, Box, small case
PHOTOS

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Karen, any idea what happened to his 500mm PF?
Randy sold some lenses earlier in the year. Apparently that was one. I also noticed his macro Sig 180 was not there............. Nor was there a 70-200........

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
If anyone wants the 500mm fl better speak up. Hate to put Melodee through the hassle of shipping it to AK but if it's still there in 48 hours she may have to do it.
great buy, and this Bazooka is 2lbs lighter than my iteration from 2008. A huge difference, 20% lighter.

That 24-120 f4 is a great lens for infrared. I just bought one about three weeks ago for my D810 full spectrum. After a couple hundred shots, I have not seen a hotspot. I don't know if the results vary by lens copy though. I found this lens listed in the Kolari database as a good lens for infrared, so I bought my copy.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
That 24-120 f4 is a great lens for infrared. I just bought one about three weeks ago for my D810 full spectrum. After a couple hundred shots, I have not seen a hotspot. I don't know if the results vary by lens copy though. I found this lens listed in the Kolari database as a good lens for infrared, so I bought my copy.
Agreed. Mine stays on my IR converted camera!

Hello. I am new to the site but I am interested in AF-S Nikkor 16-80mm f2.8-4E VR ED DX for my D500 I just purchased. PM sent.

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Hello. I am new to the site but I am interested in AF-S Nikkor 16-80mm f2.8-4E VR ED DX for my D500 I just purchased but I am unable to send a PM. Is this a restriction for new members?

Here is the rule regarding new members and the Buy and Sell forum....

1. No discussion of price is allowed in the replies to a listing. The only exception to this is that you are allowed to say the equivalent of "Great price!" if someone gives a particularly good selling price. You may not in any other way comment on or discuss price in a reply to any listing. All comments about price must take place by private message (PM) or email. You need at least one post in the main forum (outside of Buy and Sell) to be able to PM, and this post should not be "I am posting so I can PM" or equivalent. If you are unable to PM, an alternative is to post a reply in the thread with your email address asking to be contacted that way. Being unable to PM is not a legitimate reason for commenting on price in a reply to a listing.
So participate in a thread...then follow the directions to send a PM to @Melodee's gear regarding the 16-80 lens...

Here is the rule regarding new members and the Buy and Sell forum....

1. No discussion of price is allowed in the replies to a listing. The only exception to this is that you are allowed to say the equivalent of "Great price!" if someone gives a particularly good selling price. You may not in any other way comment on or discuss price in a reply to any listing. All comments about price must take place by private message (PM) or email. You need at least one post in the main forum (outside of Buy and Sell) to be able to PM, and this post should not be "I am posting so I can PM" or equivalent. If you are unable to PM, an alternative is to post a reply in the thread with your email address asking to be contacted that way. Being unable to PM is not a legitimate reason for commenting on price in a reply to a listing.
So participate in a thread...then follow the directions to send a PM to @Melodee's gear regarding the 16-80 lens...
Thanks Butler. I figured it out and sent a PM to both you.

I can vouch for the sharpness of that 500mm FL lens, as I have used it when Randy was visiting.. Extremely sharp and very fast to focus. Great deal on an awesome lens.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom