Rare Sighting

Discussion in 'Birds' started by huskey8, May 16, 2005.

1. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    For about 2 weeks now I have been seeing a flash of orange in the trees and bushes around our neighborhood well yesterday I was getting out of my car with camera in hand when what pops up out of a hibiscus bush but this oriole I almost had a accident so it not a very good shot but I'm just so excited to have captured him at all and to have him around we don't see them very often down here in Fort Lauderdale.
    enjoy
    [​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrats to you on your sighting!

3. WOW, very nice!! :D :D

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yeah I have not seen one in florida in the 100 years I have lived here :>))

Yes he i quite beautiful I think you capture it extremely well..

Good going.

5. How fun to capture a rare bird. This image is quite good and you should be proud of it. I remember when I had a Vermillion Fly Catcher in my back yard but all I got to show for it is a fuzzy far away shot that was pretty much worthless.

6. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Thank you Leigh

7. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Thanks Dawg

8. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Gordon
    Down here we refer to the VFC as the capture of a lifetime in everglades national park people come every year for a chance to see one so even a fuzzy photo is quite the accomplishment

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Richard. As well as you did with the 828, there's really no comparison to your results so far with the X. I'm not at all surprised though. :wink:

10. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Thanks Frank
    This was really a snap shot 3 sec. top to accure and shoot I owe Harry B a lot of thanks he has really helped me get a basic handle on the camera. The great thing is I know that this camera is capable of so much more.