Rattle or part in motion perhaps?

Currently I'm concerned, baffled, perplexed & will state this very carefully:

The body has the 2 metal eyelets on either side of the top for the camera strap which when the camera is moved, tilted or otherwise rotated will rattle and produce audible noise. There is no strap attached yet.

Is there any other possible part (mechanical?) of the body that would kinda produce a "rattling" sound when subject to motion?

How about anything inside such as a loose screw/or mystery item?

Mine, unfortunately, produces distinct rattles. It makes no difference whether the lens is on or off.

So, the bundled lens is fine.

I've had this camera less than 5 days & it's deliberately not been subject to test shots outside my apt. The latest firmware update will be installed today. For the most part, since delivery it's been sitting around unused on a flat surface pending developments as my time and attention has been absorbed in other areas of life.

Actually, I meant to post this a couple days ago, however it got postponed.

What are your views? Happen to any of you or someone you know?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
FutureFocus

Given all the issues that you have posted about this camera (both here and another well known site) I think that the best thing you could do is leave it on a shelf where you don't use it - or return it and buy something else.

It is clear that you are just looking for issues.

BTW, I had no rattles from mine at all, except after I dropped it on the floor when it rattled an awful lot, a few thousand dollars worth of rattle - now that is a real rattle! ;)

Simple suggestion:

Install strap and see if the noise goes away? If not, send the camera back while you can. You're obviously not happy with your purchase. It's obvious the D800 does not meet your expectation.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way. You just don't seem like you're enjoying the camera.

I take the "rattles" off ALL my bodys...don't use any straps so I'm more stealthy w/o 'em.
Takes but a few seconds to remove 'em, certainly less time than to type another cough D800 whine thread. :frown:

Just for my curiosity's sake, how does one remove the strap attachment points? do they unscrew counterclockwise? Any tricks to get them off?

Thanks.

I take the "rattles" off ALL my bodys...don't use any straps so I'm more stealthy w/o 'em.
Takes but a few seconds to remove 'em, certainly less time than to type another cough D800 whine thread. :frown:

It's been a year since I took mine off but I remember having to get a little rough with a small black triangle piece. If you go at it with a small pry tool you"ll get it

Don't remove the parts that screw into the camera!!!
You only need to remove the clips that the strap threads thru :confused:
unless your pulling our legs than "haha"

Latest threads

Top Bottom