Raw Photos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elwoodsusanm, Sep 17, 2008.

1. elwoodsusanm

elwoodsusanm

Nov 29, 2007
    England
    I cannot view my photos taken in RAW with my Nikon D80 on my computer. They only show as camera icons. I used to be able to but something seems to have changed and I have no idea what:confused: When I open a folder to view them they show as photos briefly with a small camera icon in the bottom right hand corner and then before you can blink they all large icons. If I click on one then a very small thumbnail shows at the bottom of the folder but that's not really big enough. I have the latest RAW file from Nikon placed in the correct folder. I am using PSE5 for processing. Any light that can be shed on this would be most appreciated. I am beginning to doubt myself:eek: that I ever saw them as photos!!

2. elwoodsusanm

elwoodsusanm

Nov 29, 2007
    England
    Hi The Dude, I am using PSE5. I recently installed service pack 1 for Vista. Could this have alstered anything?
    Sue :)

3. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    If turtile's suggestion doesn't work, google for Microsoft Powertoys. For XP there's a powertoy that allows you to see thumbnails of (supported) raw files - there might be something similar for Vista.

4. elwoodsusanm

elwoodsusanm

Nov 29, 2007
    England
    PROBLEM SOLVED
    Got on to Nikon and they gave me the above download mentioned by Turtile and IT WORKED!! I was beginning to think I was losing the plot I knew I had been able to see thumbnails before!
    Sue:biggrin: