1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

RAW to Jpeg in Bridge question

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by ShaunK, Sep 16, 2008.

1. I have some RAW files that I don't need saved as RAW's, just Jpegs... what is the easiest/quickest way to simply save them straight to Jpegs in the folder where I want them? I'm using CS3 if that helps. They are good enough the way they are, and if they need editing down the road, I'll just edit the Jpegs.

2. If you go to:
    File>Scripts>Image Processor
    you ought to be able to do what you want.

3. Kiwi Geoff is right, but I'll jump in and say that your plan has some pitfalls.

If you are SURE you'll never edit the pictures, saving the jpg only is perhaps acceptable.

But if you EVER think you might do some editing, save the NEF files. I can't tell you how many old jpg files I have from pre-raw days I wish had been shot in raw so I could edit them with less damage to the image.

Storage space is the only downside to saving NEF files, and storage is dirt cheap these days. SAVE YOUR NEF FILES, or at least save the best ones.

4. I agree with that wholeheartedly Bob or should I say I ressemble that remark :eek: :eek: :biggrin::biggrin:

5. Thanks both... these are some unimportant pics I accidentally took in RAW instead of Jpeg, and I try not to keep RAW's on unimportant pics... to much space (yeah, I know space is cheap, but not when I'm saving every penny for a new camera!!! :tongue:)  so if I do need to edit these pics, it'll be the basics and only that which will be just fine in Jpeg. Thanks!

6. You are welcome Shaun, good to have happy campers here at the Cafe!!

7. :biggrin: I am!!!

8. Ok, I'm finally getting around to trying this, but it doesn't seem to work. I don't see >Scripts anywhere... I am on a Mac, if that helps. All I want is to easily/quickly be able to take the RAWs I adjusted in ACR and convert them to Jpegs into the folder of my choice. I want to be able to do this from Bridge.

9. Here ya go (I use Mac as well):

In Bridge go to the "Tools" drop down menu and you will find this:
    3044528187_2900d9b7c4_o.

This will open this window in PS:
    3044528289_1e9f140b7a_o.

Set the options you want in this window and away you go.

Enjoy!!:biggrin:

10. Geoff, thanks... I will look for that tonight... I think I saw this option but it didn't give me the same choices as you are using... I'll dig inot it later and see what happens.

11. All right. I just tried it and it worked exactly how I wanted it! Thanks! One less little annoyance to deal with! :smile:

12. Brilliant, I will sleep well tonight !!:846::846:

13. So did I! :wink: LOL!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.