1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

RC Flight Sim Software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hemigod, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Hemigod

Hemigod

Jan 12, 2008
    Anchorage
    So all these RC photos of planes and heli's got my interest in Radio Control sparked up again :smile:

Here is great Radio Controlled Flight Simulator for the PC.
    I am thinking of getting the full package that includes the Futaba Interlink controller as well.

http://www.realflight.com/

2. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    How much is the package with the controller? I don't see prices on their site, and it looks like you can only buy at local hobby stores.

3. Look around and read reviews. Realflight has a following, but it isn't the most realistic out there. Phoenix has a good following and a great reputation, and they've had a lot of updates over the years. Reflex-XTR is supposedly really good for helicopters but I've never flown it.

4. RealFlight RC Simulator

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=RealFlight&search=Go

I have only experience with G3.5, but for anyone getting into RC airplanes, it's an excellent aid in addition to having an instructor on buddy box.

RC Universe has a whole section dedicated to flight simulators. One of the members had done extensive research as to what's available in the marketplace : http://www.emptynestgames.com/rc_sim_chart.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008
  5. WELLLLLLLL you guys have it sooooooooooooo easy these days:biggrin:
    "BACK IN MY DAY" it was crash burn and learn. :frown:

It was often a month or so between lessons:smile:, and you never heard, "can I fly you plane"

A simulator and a HD TV sounds like a great combination.

6. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    I fly a lot of handlaunch (in real life) and soon moving to discus. I have the realflight simulator and really like it. The soaring needs a fair bit of fine tuning and I'm not a huge fan of it. It's hard to fly and you lose the plane easily. But for learning with heli's or slope soaring, it's a ton of fun. Worth it for sure.

7. SteveC

SteveC

Jun 13, 2008
    UK
    I can vouch for Aerofly, it's what I use to brush up on skills before bringing a new bit of foam or balsa out into the real world. Looks fantastic, has quite a few choices of planes and works just fine with my Futaba TX.

8. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    Great... Now I have to download two demos. I'm not into R/C at all, but think this would be more fun than normal flight simulators (which I've owned over the years). Thanks for the info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.