RE: Nikon D850 Strap

Hello Everyone,

I have a Nikon D850 I got a month or so ago and I love the camera but the strap is not as good of quality as the one that came with my D3s. Can't figure out why but the camera makes of for it in spades. Awesome camera. I can use any Quality Camera strap. Can't I? I don't trust the camera falling off my shoulder with the one provided.

Thank you.

Melissa

I use Peak Design for a several of reasons (sorry about photo quality)

1 =your not advertising the camera so thieves know it is worth pinching
2= the button release/removal system is quick and easy to remove
3- The plate for the tripod screw area does not obstruct the battery compartment
4- Easy to adjust strap length
worries? at first yes the button attachment is
8e4ghr5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks not very strong but it is. I have hung a Nikon D810 with as afs 80-400mm lens on it with no problems
GkAyZZf.jpg

Peak Design Slide Camera Strap

Last edited:
Real Name
Randy
try to get an easy to remove strap, optech is very good. I have 2 straps and 5 cameras

I have used optech straps for years. Every camera I own, and all the lenses that are large enough to have a lens foot, have the optech adapter attached.
Works great.
One thing I really like- no metal anywhere on the strap system. When I am out in the field I often just stuff gear into the backpack and go. I had the barrel on my nikon 500mm f4 scratched up pretty badly by the metal connector on a different system. It just rubbed against the barrel on an all day hike. That is when I switched strap systems.
Gary

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I second Barry's recommendation for Peak straps. I've found the newer SLIM strap much better than the originial that was stiff and heavier.
I also like the neoprene straps since they distribute weight evenly.

I've been using Op/Tech for many, many years. I never use the straps that come with cameras, as usually they are stiff, bulky and awkward, and as mentioned in another post, they tend to blatantly announce to the world what kind of expensive gear you're carrying around. I like Op/Tech because they are comfortable, flexible and take some of the weight off. They last forever, too. On my long heavy lenses with a lens foot I have an Op/Tech strap on the lens as well as on the camera.

Real Name
Andrew
I agree with the others, I would ditch the neck strap and go with something else. I happen to use the black rapid strap system. Love it, been using it for years.
I will never go back to neck straps.

I'll second the OP/Tech recommendation. When I use a camera on a neck strap I wear it bandolier style to keep pressure off my neck.

This is the one I use with my D850 and D500 with smaller lenses, I also use it with the nikon 200-500mm and it does a fine job, works great, and it's thin and light.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07258TNZD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YZhjFbYAE95KK

I also have this one, and use it when I attach my 500mm f4 prime on my D850 or D500. The strap above would also work fine, but like the wider strap when hanging ten pounds on my shoulder.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZH2PFTM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_D1hjFbAD36Y9S

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom