Re-Opening an Image in ARC from PS CS3

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by RickC, Jul 5, 2008.

1. I thought I knew this command, but I'm having no success. Perhaps someone will provide. Thanks.

I double-click a nef file in Adobe Bridge and it opens in ARC. After I do my adjustments in ARC, I click "Open Image" and the file opens in PS CS3 for further pp.

Now my question is: How do I "go" back to ARC for this particular image/file? I thought there was a simple command/shortcut to get you back?

Thanks in advance!

2. Save the file first and then:
    From the file menu select Open As (or Alt+Shift+Control+O on a PC) ...
    ...and once you've selected the file to open chose Camera Raw from the pop up Open As list.

Screen shot example:
    [​IMG]

3. Thanks Ken!

Although, I thought there was a way to "switch" between CS3 and ARC while post processing without saving the file first?

4. scottb

scottb Guest

I think you're referring to opening as "Smart Objects?" This allows you to go back and tweak the raw files in ACR that you have opened in PS without saving.

5. As Scott says, if you want to toggle back to the same image in ARC without saving your work first... you need to have opened the object as a smart object by checking the open as smart object box in the workflow options of ARC
    -or-
    Convert the image to a smart object after opening in PS by using the menu:
    Layer>Smart Objects>Convert to Smart Object.

Once opened in PS as a smart object you can go back to ARC by double clicking the image icon in the layers panel.

6. Thanks guys!! That's exactly how I did it before, just forgot about opening the image in "smart objects".:redface:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.