RE: ordering at best buy.

There isn't a lot of information out there ( I know because I have been scraping the internet for a week) but I want to share what happened to me.

I ordered on Amazon and we know the rest of the story. I less than a week ago when we all started hearing that best buy would randomly have the camera I called all the areas with a best buy within 8 hours of me. "they did not receive any" was the only response I had.

I went into my local store here in San Diego and ordered one. This was midday on the 23rd. They said that their warehouse times are "extremely accurate" and whatever time that the distribution warehouse had would be correct. They told me the 30th.

I just called and they only have one D800 on the way to them and guess what? its mine!!!

Mine all mine! If you have any questions Ill gladly help answer questions. I know a lot of people including me are freaking out.

There is no restocking fee for the item so I am going to either return it when my amazon order comes or resell it to recoup my tax costs.

There's a lot of crazy stuff going on. As I said in another thread, the dealer where I placed my order yesterday said I was at least 18th in line and they were still filling pre-orders. I got a very unexpected email today saying it had shipped but when I check UPS tracking it says they actually shipped it only a couple hours after I talked to them yesterday! I'm confused but very pleased.

Latest threads

Top Bottom