Re The flash system from Nikon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Catz, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Hi all.

Does anyone here know how much the new flash system will cost and how much it will be?

Thanks,

2. rsimms

rsimms

Apr 30, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Hi Melissa,
    The R1C1 kit which includes the SU800, 2 remotes flashes, attatchment rings, and numerous other accessories goes for about $650, the SU800 commander goes for around $250. The R1 kit which is just the remote flashes and accessories should sell for $450 or so.

If you have a specific question about the close up system or CLS in general I'll do my best to answer it for you. I'm no Thom Hogan but I do know the CLS very well.

3. Thanks Randall,

Another question or so. To get the ring flash and the sub 800 is that a total of 850.00 then? Do I need the R1 kit to use the ring flash and SU800?

Also, will this flash system work on the D2X or jus the D200?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2005
  4. rsimms

rsimms

Apr 30, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Let me try to clarify:

The SU800 remote commander and SBR200s will work with any CLS compatible camera (e.g. D2X, D2h, D70, etc).

To outfit your D2X you would need the R1C1 kit ($650). That would give you the mounting rings in various sizes (55mm, 62mm, 72,, 77mm), two SBR200s (the flashes), the SU800 (remote commander) and various accessories (cases, filters, stands, etc).

5. Thanks Randall...Sounds too expensive for me. I will stick with the lens for a while and down the road I will think about the flash system.

6. rsimms

rsimms

Apr 30, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Melissa,
    I'm not familiar with your gear list (guess I don't spend enough time here), but if you are looking to start your flash system, the SB-800 is what you should buy first.

If you're looking for a cheap one (and can wait a bit) I'll have one for sale early next year, or whenever Nikon delivers my SU-800.

7. Hi Randall, I already have the SB 800 which works for me even though the manual is comlicated to understand. Thanks for the offer but I already have one.