Read bump in the night first than look here

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Lou Buscher, Aug 7, 2007.

1. WOW:eek:Hope I don't see one unless its' in a zoo! That's downright scary, Lou!:eek:

2. mr2monster

mr2monster

Jun 29, 2007
    Arizona
    It's no wonder that the list grows exponentially the more recent it gets. There is no reason for it not to.

1. Population growth of humans
    2. Widespread natural habitat encroachment means we're closer to them much more often
    3. Better record keeping (seems we have a list of everything now)
    4. Commonplace stupidity by humans less in touch with nature.
    5. Etc... the list goes on, I'll get off my soap box.

3. Good list James and very true. Here in N.Y. it is against the law to feed bears so after a few attacks on my feeders I am now considered feeding the bears and that is the reason I removed the feeder. The biggest offenders are the people that put garbage out before a pickup day and on a hot day a bear can smell this a mile away so you end up with a mess.
    Ever since 9/11 here in N.Y. a lot of people with money has bought places up here I guess for protection and a place to go if needed but they are not used to what goes on in the woods. Our DEC has made signs (sample posted from my fridge) for the people that abide mostly with the garbage thing. For me so far so good with the feeder gone but last night I forgot my hummer feeder and the coons emptied it. Little SUCKERS:biggrin::biggrin:
    Lou

1062289606_ccca9d2ed2_o.

4. I saw black bears in the Tetons two years ago and brown bears in Glacier. I was told then the black bears were more aggresive than brown bears. Looks like the stats agree with this.

5. Sure does don't it Jim. A good lesson to learn for a wildlife photog.
    Lou