Read only file on CF card...

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Joe_Lorenzini, Apr 2, 2005.

1. I filled up a CF card today and while transferring found that one of the files had been marked "Read Only". Both the JPG and NEF versions were both marked "Read Only" which stopped the transfer as it asked if I wanted to continue.

Does anyone know how or why this random file would be marked as such?

Thanks!

_/oe

2. Joe, are you sure you haven't lock them from the camera?

3. No, I format my CF card before every use and I know it was clean when I started using it. The file was almost half way down the list and part of a sequence I was shooting so as far as I can tell, it was totally random. I did not change a single setting between the file before and the file after.

_/oe

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Joe,

This happens to me from time to time. What happens is, when I click the enter button to zoom the file for preview, I sometimes accidentally hit the lock file button (right above the enter button on the D2H). When I get ready to transfer the files, I get the exact message that you describe.

Just say 'Yes' when it asks you if you want to move the read-only file.

Frank

5. Hi Frank,

That may have been what happened. I do remember zooming in on two images while in-camera. Wow, good info!

I wasn't worried about the message, just wanted to understand why it may have happened.

Thanks! Glad you're around.

_/oe