Reading The Defense

Another image from this past weekend shooting H.S. football. I had a terrible time trying to maintain highlights in the white uniforms.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As always, please feel free to offer helpful criticism or comments to help me learn.

Very well done I know what you mean the whit highlights are tough I usually decide on what uniform I want exposed correctly and concentrate on that.
Try this next time, dial in enough -EV to keep from blowing highlights this will also get you some fast shutter speeds. Then in capture try using the highest quality setting and use DDE option in capture sometimes the results can be amazing

Thanks for the help, Mike. As I mentioned on the other thread, I played with -0.7 EV which helped the highlights but rendered the entire image rather dark. I worked at it in PS and lightened it up.

K

Ken-L

eng45ine said:
Thanks for the help, Mike. As I mentioned on the other thread, I played with -0.7 EV which helped the highlights but rendered the entire image rather dark. I worked at it in PS and lightened it up.
Nikon Capture's DDE (or whatever it's called now) does a very good job of equalizing the light in a problem photo. There were some examples of extreme underexposed shots a while back that were "easily" salvaged with that feature.

Ken

Thanks for the tip, Ken. I need to get some pointers on how best to deal with retaining highlights in difficult sunlight. It is great to see you back online, take it all one day at a time!!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom