Ready for another Day.... (pic)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Greetings all;
    I shot this last evening just after getting out of it from a 4-Hr shooting adventure.
    Here it is ready for first light tomorrow....

By the way, the lighting is created using (2) SB800 guns sitting on stands (in the water). My D2H sitting on a tripod sitting in water and me up to my waist in water....
    Basicly all the gear and me were sort of "All Wet"

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Just absolutely Beautiful Doug.......

4. Excellent ligting and perspective, I have to get up to the great north and shoot with you one of these days

5. Absolutely wonderful image Doug. After a review of what it took took for you to capture this image I have concluded that you deserve every once of recognition that you get. I don't know too many people that would stand in waist deep water to capture an image let alone have their camera and tripod in the water with them. You have my admiration and respect.

6. Excellent image and very clever of you to set it up the way you did! Kudos!!

7. Hi Paul:
    Thanks for the kind words...
    This image was fun to take and the water was warm so that was a BIG plus.

Greetings Gale:
    Darn girl.... with all those sunset you have down there a shot like this would be a breeze for you.

Hi Mike:
    If you get your butt up hear.... i'll take you on a shoot that you will remember for a while to come. You are more than welcome anytime.

Heck gordon:
    Waist deep water is an easy day for me....lol
    There is lots of shots that I'm MUCH DEEPER than that.
    But what the heck.... "It's all part of the fun"

Greetings George:
    What kind words coming from a guy who takes images that I could spend hours looking at....
    Thank You!

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Simply outstanding image, Doug!

Love the perspective, love the shot. Well worth all your efforts! How did you decide how much flash to use for each unit? Diffusers on or off? Been reading that manual eh?

9. What a great shot and a great example of CLS!

10. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful shot, Doug! Definitely worth the effort and wet feet to get the image!

11. Hi Steve:
    Yes I'm starting to like the SB800 guns better the more I use them... On this shot I only used (2) but in hind sight I guess I could have used more as it would have allowed me to light up the bulrushes a little more. I've been starting to create a series of images that uses the guns and if I get enough good shot's I’ll look at creating another book.
    In this shot I did not use the diffusers but I have used them a lot on other shots.

Greetings Kevin:
    Yes the CLS system works very well once a person sort of gets things worked out in your head.

Thanks Don:
    I'm glad you looked in and commented....
    Thanks

12. Beautiful Shot Doug!

13. thanks Robin..... :lol:

14. Wow, what a shot!!! Tells a whole story. That is one beautiful photo, Doug. Very peaceful...

Funny but I never use flash. It really makes a difference in this photo, without being too much. What we really need though is a picture of you in your setup! *LOL* Can't imagine all my equipment on tripods in water - I always feel much better handholding, and I've always got a VERY firm grip on my gear! *LOL*
    You're out there, no matter what the conditions are, kudos to you for that.

15. Beautiful picture, i wish I still had a kayak. In the book Macrophotography by Gilles Martin, I see that he move his equipment on a air chamber with a piece of wood on top, a kind of floating table. I surely would not like to fall in the water with my equipment.