really BAD luck

Real Name
Chris
Wow Randy - you sure got dumped on this year! But I see you as very confident, AND confidence inspiring. Of everyone who beats the odds, you are well within that crowd. My money is on you, and my thoughts are with you. Get better soon!

We're all wishing you the best, as you see, and we're very strong well-wishers! So I'll have confidence you'll be all right.

Our daughter, now 46, had all of the symptoms of Covid-19 back in March, after a trip to Williamsburg which was a known hotspot. She was pretty sick for about 10 days, but was never tested as there were no tests available back then. Neither her husband or either of her daughters (9 and 12) contracted the disease even though they live in the same house.

Just last week she was tested for the anti-bodies and tested positive, so she was called back for a test for the actual disease. No results from that yet.

Our daughter, just turned 32, works with young kids in a Boise school district program. Came down with covid-like syptoms this summer and was tested, twice, both negative. But she sure had some covid like symptoms. Drs. couldn't figure it out. Worked from home doing reports and lessons plans, curriculum development for 3+ weeks. Dr. had her on anti nausea med and iron (as a vegetarian, but chicken eater, she does tend to get low iron frequently). A month later she's back to her normal sarcastic self :):D:love:

thanks everyone. I appreciate the get wells

no call back from anyone yet, no contact tracing, no 2nd test.....I guess they figure there's nothing to be done so just wait. Still no new symptoms. The immune therapy drug I'm getting is called Keytruda and it can be a vicious drug if it makes your immune system go too fast causing the body to attack itself sometimes, like the RA in my shoulders, so bad I can't HH the 500pf on the z6. I feel like a 90 year old man. Anyone want some advice :) .

Today we try to figure out how 2 people can live under the same roof and not infect each other.

I went from quarantine in my house to quarantine in my family room above the garage.
So glad you aren't experiencing any symptoms. Hoping that you stay that way.

Randy, hope this passes soon for you and your wife without any symptoms.

Randy you sure are getting some bad luck, lets hope things improve. Pity you don't have a National Health Service like we have in the UK, treatment is free. Well not exactly our income tax pays for it, if you don't earn you still get free treatment.

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
they're not interested in a 2nd test, probably because if it was negative they'd
Randy you sure are getting some bad luck, lets hope things improve. Pity you don't have a National Health Service like we have in the UK, treatment is free. Well not exactly our income tax pays for it, if you don't earn you still get free treatment.
thanks Tony,
but we do sorta, after you turn 65, that pays 80% of everything and then some of us have a private policy that pays the remaining 20%. This policy is $150/mo. So last year my medical bills topped $1M, my out of pocket was only $150 a month...

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
so more info:

I was admitted to Atrium's Virtual Covid hospital on Wednesday. If I stay symptom free they discharge me 10 days from the date of the test and then I have to contact my Dr to schedule another test. Note the I HAVE TO.....also note there has been NO contact tracing so far other that what I did myself. I gotta say this whole process is very sad and is a good indication of how and why this is spreading so fast and wide.

Morning Randy. Just catching up and reading your misfortune now. Puzzling circumstances to say the least. That seems to be this virus in a nutshell. Hope you continue to feel well through the next week and can get a negative so you can get back on track with your other therapy. Wishing your wife continued good health. Will be thinking about both of you!

so more info:

I was admitted to Atrium's Virtual Covid hospital on Wednesday. If I stay symptom free they discharge me 10 days from the date of the test and then I have to contact my Dr to schedule another test. Note the I HAVE TO.....also note there has been NO contact tracing so far other that what I did myself. I gotta say this whole process is very sad and is a good indication of how and why this is spreading so fast and wide.
Hope the hospital stay isn’t too bad. Can you leave your room? That would be tough to be hospitalized when you have no symptoms. Hope the cafe can help keep you entertained.

I don't really believe in luck but

I'm a stage 4 cancer patient scheduled for an immune therapy infusion Friday so I was tested for Covid, we do this every 3 weeks....
And me who never leaves the house tested positive, so far asymptomatic but there goes my scheduled infusion.

My message to all my friends here is if I can get anybody can get it. I have been to Lowes 3 times since March and masked everytime. No restaurants, grocery stores or anywhere within 15' of a human since March. I spend more time at the hospital for scans and infusions than any place else so that's my bet where I got it. You can imagine the stress my poor wife is under now not knowing if she has it also (she's getting tested today)

Be safe be careful and don't let your guard down

My partner had an op for bowel cancer nearly 5 years ago and will have her last scan in a couple of months, so know what you are going through, so the best of luck with everything & hope all works out, Jeremy.

Real Name
Tony Saya
Just arrived home from SLOAN Kettering for my 3 month review, a 5 hour drive. Can't believe you contracted covid at the hospital but God Bless you Keytruda didn't work for me going on Afinitor next week

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom