really BAD luck

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just arrived home from SLOAN Kettering for my 3 month review, a 5 hour drive. Can't believe you contracted covid at the hospital but God Bless you Keytruda didn't work for me going on Afinitor next week
I started with Nivolumab which was a disaster since I had a major relapse weeks after, then they added Ipi and the tumors started to die. Then this year has been all Keytruda which has some bad side effects as well. Still better than the old fashioned chemo.
Hang in there and we'll beat this thing

I am so sorry to hear that Randy. I have a 14 year old grandson going through the same cancer problem. To think about adding Covid 19 on top of that would be horrible. My prayers are with you and your wife as you face this head on. Be positive and keep the faith. For what it is worth my grandson got through the infusion in good shape but still has a couple more months of chemo that has been tailored just for him.

Real Name
Randy
I am so sorry to hear that Randy. I have a 14 year old grandson going through the same cancer problem. To think about adding Covid 19 on top of that would be horrible. My prayers are with you and your wife as you face this head on. Be positive and keep the faith. For what it is worth my grandson got through the infusion in good shape but still has a couple more months of chemo that has been tailored just for him.
I sure hope your grandson kicks this
I'm still symptom free on everything but bad RA in my shoulders from the cancer meds....I can barely hold the 500pf which I thought would happen in 20 years, not now :)

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Randy, I'm late to the thread but wanted to add my sincere wishes for you to be strong, get well, kick COVID's butt, and then take care of your cancer treatment.
You're a strong guy and I believe you'll get through this with some stories to tell.
Be well!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Just arrived home from SLOAN Kettering for my 3 month review, a 5 hour drive. Can't believe you contracted covid at the hospital but God Bless you Keytruda didn't work for me going on Afinitor next week
So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Real Name
Randy
I'm at day 11 since my positive test and no side effects
My wife tested negative a few days ago.
I get retested late next week (at day 17) I hope, very confusing.
Being on the inside like this lets you see how poorly this has been managed. Not enough tests, too many reasons why you need a test, 7 or more days for results.

The problem is no rules or guidelines and no statistics like % of false positives.
I hope somebody documents how badly this has been handled so we can fix it.

One from (no doubt) happier times, to cheer ya up. Hang in there!
BdA ~10 yrs ago

D7K_5791.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm at day 11 since my positive test and no side effects
My wife tested negative a few days ago.
I get retested late next week (at day 17) I hope, very confusing.
Being on the inside like this lets you see how poorly this has been managed. Not enough tests, too many reasons why you need a test, 7 or more days for results.

The problem is no rules or guidelines and no statistics like % of false positives.
I hope somebody documents how badly this has been handled so we can fix it.

Im sure a lot of us have a response we would like to post but need to be careful so this thread doesn't turn political.

Glad to hear your wife is fine and again wish you the best.

Hi Randy,

Glad to hear your wife is negative for COVID 19.

I'd like to say: "stay positive" but i hope the second test comes back negative.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"take care and i look forward to more squirrel photos..." - Georgie Beagle

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom