Really false IR

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Elf_8, May 20, 2005.

1. Maybe some of you have seen my previous posts where I combined a first B&W IR shot with a second colour one of the same scenery.
    Now, I have this : it's a combination in the same fashion, but instead of blending two shots, I combined here two versions of the same. The first version is a IR B&W rendition from a PS action, the second, the original colour version.
    I can give more details if interested.
    [​IMG]
    2005-05-19 19:40:02
    NIKON D70
    f/10.0
    22mm
    0.2s
    Aperture priority
    Exposure Bias: 0

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really nice. Alot of depth is added to the image as well. I like the bit darker sky down to the lighter sky.

The trees look like autum.

Yes I would sure be interested in the details of this technique. :>))

Thanks for sharing.

3. Really nice look to this image Christian.

4. I would be interested in the details of this technique also.

Do you use an IR filter on the lens?
    Or is this done in PS?

Thanks

5. WOW!! Christian....keep up the good shooting my friend!! :D :D :D

6. Okay, if you want to experiment on your own, here are the details as I've applied them.
    The original was taken using a combination of Cokin filters - a circular polarizer plus a Yellow/Blue Varicolor. This is something totally new for me and this is my first shooting with this kit. Anyway, here is the original
    [​IMG]

This image was converted using the "Infrared Conversions" action.
    http://www.nickgallery.com/web_pages/technical 7.htm
    I used the first conversion protocol. Whence the conversion is set, flatten the result to a single layer, select all and make a copy of the result.
    Revert the image to the original. Convert its mode to Lab. Open the channel window and select the Lightness channel. Select all, and "Paste into" the reserved copy of the IR version that will now act as the Lightness channel. Activate all channels of the Lab mode and re-convert the result to RGB. You're all set. Give it a try.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Christian,

Will have to go find some trees :>))

Very nice conversion you did. Got the actions.

8. You shouldn't miss applying this to a palm tree ;)