Really Right Stuff store question.

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by barriosa, Apr 11, 2007.

1. I placed my 1st order from Really Right Stuff last week. For those of you who have ordered from them before, is it normal not to get a UPS tracking number from them?

I already emailed them asking for one and haven’t gotten a reply.

Just curious since pretty much every online store out there sends you a tracking number automatically when your package ships.

2. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I do not remember about the UPS tracking number - I have purchased multiple items at different times and never had any shipping problems. I have the impression that they do not have a store front i.e. no one is always there. I had to call several times until someone answered but when they did they were really great finding the information quickly and letting me know what is going on. You may wish to call them.

3. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Call them at (888) 777-5557 when they open (8AM PST). They are very good people to work with. This must be an oversight. I ordered a new Gitzo tripod and monopod from them yesterday and received UPS tracking confirmation from Quantum a couple hours later. They will take care of you.

4. I work nights/sleep days otherwise I would have just called them. I'll see if I can stay up late enough after work tomorrow to give them a call.

5. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I have made three orders from them and on each order received an email with the tracking number. No problems or complaints, great service.

6. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    I am pretty sure I have always gotten at least order confirms and most likely tracking info too. They are great folks and the product is superior.

I sell products via my guitar store's website and I do all of the processing for shipments. I can tell you that if I don't check one little box in my system or if I enter the email addy with a typo the tracking info doesn't go out so.........

.....there may simply be the human issue of fallibility at play here.

Might be a good idea to just call 'em to make sure they have the address right etc......

They've always answered their phones when I've called with questions during business hours.:biggrin:

7. I love RRS. Great products, but even better customer service. Nothing's perfect though so a follow-up call may be needed. I'm sure everything will be handled to your satisfaction - I'm that impressed with them!

8. Of course the item might not have been shipped yet which would explain why I didn't get a tracking number.

In any case I'll give them a call

9. Well I called up and got a tracking number, really friendly people BTY, checked UPS and it should be delivered today. :biggrin:

10. Yes, I did get a tracking number.

11. Not sure why I never got one but the items came in less than a week.

I work nights/sleep days so when I order something I really need a tracking number so I can can know what day to stay up late on.