Rear End of a frog

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by biggstr6, Sep 7, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    This guy was a good model , I took him to 2 or 3 plants to photograph before letting him go. Got some decent shots , some could use alittle photoshop (once I learn how) to get rid of some distractions ,but still pretty good.

This one I like the flow of the leaves,but I chose a wider aperture than I should have . So much talk about lense diffraction scared me , But I think I wouldve been better off with that than the rear so OOF.

I guess I chose the greater of two evils instead of the lesser of two evils.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bigg, very nice shot. As to the DOF that you chose here, I think it works very well. As to worrying about lens diffraction, I don't. When you really need the DOF (and as I said, I like what you have here), a little diffraction is better than a OOF shot IMHO. :wink:

3. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    great shot.. not sure if i would want to see it with more DOF.. i really don;t need to see what the frog had for lunch.. lol

Tim

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Now for the front

Thanks '

Heres one of the fronts

[​IMG]

And this one I think will clean up nice if I get rid of the bright stalk in the background.

[​IMG]

5. I prefer the last two, very sharp.

6. I really like the last two. Great detail and his expression just says it all, "hanging around, chilling, waiting for a few flies" :biggrin:

7. The last two images are super Biggs. Nicely done.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I have to agree Biggs. The last two are excellent, BTW, the stem in the first new shot really doesn't bother me at all.

Well done. :smile:

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The last two images are nice, Biggs. In the first image, althought creative and great DOF...it is tough to appreciate the south end of a northbound frog!!! :eek: I'd like to see the finished product of the second image with the green stalk cloned out.

10. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks Guys, I like the last two better also.

He was a good sport about modelling for me , right up till the end.

11. D2Xcrazy

D2Xcrazy

Aug 23, 2005
    Very nice series. Love the first one. :smile: