Rear screen and EVF noise

Hello,

Just picked up a new Z5 and I noticed that in lower lighting conditions it has a lot of noise/artifacts on the screen and in the EVF, some are reddish in color and flicker. Is this normal in low light?

Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello,

Just picked up a new Z5 and I noticed that in lower lighting conditions it has a lot of noise/artifacts on the screen and in the EVF, some are reddish in color and flicker. Is this normal in low light?

Thanks
I have an Olympus Em10 and the screen/evf look a lot better in this same situation. I just wanted to find out if others have seen this or if I have an issue with mine.

Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What are your settings?
Have your set:
d7: Apply Settings to Live View
Yes I set it to apply settings to live view.

For settings I am at ISO 100 /F4/6" The room has two lamps on and when I look at the screen I see static/noise. Another thing I notice is if I turn the camera on but have the lens cap on I will get random white noise. I would think it would/should just be a black screen.

Correction, the white noise with the cap on is when the lens is not open. This is on the 24-50mm lens so I think this is ok.

According to Bill Claff's measurements, the dynamic range of the Z5, Z6, and Z7 are virtually identical. There's a 1/3 to 1/2 stop difference at base iso which goes away above iso100. Then the Z6 has another amplifier kick in at iso800 so it does a tad better out to the high-iso tail.

But I don't think any of this would be noticed in practice.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom