Rebates - for Non US customers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simon, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm about to upgrade some glassware and want to know if advertised "rebates" are applicable to "out of US" buyers.

eg. Adorama are offering rebates on the Nikon 70-200mm VR

Regular Price: USD $1619.95
    Less Rebate: USD $150.00

Final Price: USD $1469.95

( see: http://www.adorama.com/NK70200AFSU.html )

Sounds good but I suspect this is only available to US buyers.

I dont see any help or contact us links on the site. Anyone know or had experience on this ?

2. Simon, the Nikon "Splash Into Savings" rebate that runs through August is only valid within the 50 US states, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands.

I went to the lens section of BHPhotoVideo.com and they have a link to a pdf containing the details.

3. Simon, nope, Nikon rebate only good for US purchase. If you buy from B&H, their greymarket price is usually the same as the US less rebate price. (This applied when I bought my 70-200VR & the 17-55.) Greymarket Nikon lenses are the exact same lenses as the US ones but without a Nikon warranty (both mine had USA stickers on the lens when unpacked). I bought a Mack 7 yr warranty for each lens since I'm in Canada and cdn't use the US warranty anyway).

4. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Thaks for the info guys

Pity about the no-rebate for non-US types