Received D7000 Today!

Great looking camera, feels better than the d90 in my hands already. Battery is charging now so now I play the waiting game :smile: Stoked to play with it later today and take pictures with it. Ill post some images later too guys :tongue:

You'll love it. I end up leaving my D3s at home and taking my D7000 most times when my 10-24mm and 28-200mm lenses are enough.

Thanks everyone, Im looking forward to it...What kind of a learning curve are you mentioning Iscariot?

In most of the threads I have read and my own experence most users need to improve their technique a bit to get sharp shots. You may not, it just seems to be a common theme. The 16mp sensor seems to be sensitive to camera movement.

Also bump up the incamera settings for sharpness and what not other wise your review shots on the LCD might seem a little flat. The default values are quite conservative. This will also help your output files if shooting Jpeg.

In most of the threads I have read and my own experence most users need to improve their technique a bit to get sharp shots. You may not, it just seems to be a common theme. The 16mp sensor seems to be sensitive to camera movement.

Also bump up the incamera settings for sharpness and what not other wise your review shots on the LCD might seem a little flat. The default values are quite conservative. This will also help your output files if shooting Jpeg.

Thanks for the help bud, yeah i see the difference you meant with the cameras. D90 vs. D7000 that is...wont take me long to get it down :smile:

I have had to adopt the old adage that your shutter speed should be 1.5x your focal length and have set a minimum SS with auto ISO. Once I did that I can be lazy again.

i just sold my nikon 50 1.8 and i hated the feel of it on my D7000. the sigma has a 77mm filter size, so it has to be bigger.

:Shocked:Mario, you've made a huge mistake. Just send me the D7000 and I will send you my old D90 to save you from being disappointing....:biggrin:

Seriously, congrats and many happy "clicks"

Latest threads

Top Bottom