Received pictures, same catalog?

Hello all,

I wanted to know what you guys did with pictures made by other people of some event/activity you were doing together. Such pictures, made by other photographs, do you import them in the same catalog as your own pictures? Or is it better to use another catalog?

Thanks for all inputs/comments, I appreciate! :smile:

Take care,
Gabriel

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I have a separate, parallel set of folders, equivalent to a separate catalog, of all photos I did not take. At the top level it is called "Given", i.e. given to me. This avoids any risk of confusion or error.

In some systems you could achieve the same with a tag or keyword, but I personally would not feel happy about that, as a search could bring up "Given" photos when I don't want them.

Thanks Growltiger, I appreciate your comment! I am thinking of making my system also in this way for given pictures and was wondering what others did in this case...
Thanks!

In LR, I put them under the same directory but under a different folder (same catalog)

<Yosemite 2011>
.. <my shots>
.. <wife's iphone shots>
.. <etc>

In LR there is indeed a keyword 'Creator' on which you can filter.
In iView / Expression Media / Media Pro, there is the notion Author available for filtering as well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom