Recent Bridals

Discussion in 'People' started by Debbi, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Debbi

Debbi Guest

2. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Those are wonderful. Nicely composed. Only thing I would bring up is the redness in the eyes. Other than that, they look great!

3. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thanks! I did mention that I still need to fix the blood-shot eyes and just haven't had a chance to sit down and do it.

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Oops, I didn't see that! The images distracted me :wink:

5. I think these are delightful images and I am sure the bride will like them.

6. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thank you Gordon. You are very kind.

Here's a repost of the last two sans the red eyes.

original.

View attachment 218688

7. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    these are really beautiful shots...glad you're doing well and busy

8. MeSince83

MeSince83

Apr 3, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Repost look much better! Good stuff

9. GFain

GFain

Feb 18, 2008
    Tennessee
    Very pretty bride... only things I might change in the last 2 images is to clone out the leave on the left side of the image it looks like it going to reach out and pinch her.. and may be whiten the teeth in the last one... I know only nit picking but only suggestions that I see!!!

10. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thank you, Brad! I'm glad I'm finally getting busy as well.:wink:

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

I never even saw the two leaves and now it really makes me laugh. I will clone that out tonight and I thought about the teeth on the last one as well. Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

11. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    I find all of these to be very artistic and well composed. Excellent job...

12. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thank you so much for the kind words!

13. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    They look great Debbi. What was the lens or lenses you used for these shots?

14. Those are beautiful! I just ordered a Nikon 105mm macro that is supposed to be great for portraits. Can't wait for it to get here!

15. beautiful shots
    your redos need to be redone a bit more....
    her eyes are still too red, in my estimation

in fact... she has more red in her eyes than any bride i've seen in recent history (which is NOT YOUR FAULT, of course)
    not sure what that is

i'd work on those eyes a bit more
    and 11 x 14 or similar-sized print would really show how unattractive her eyes are

16. SMH77

SMH77

Feb 11, 2006
    Illinois
    First of all: great work! I especially like the first two images.

As far as critique: this is a personal opinion so please take it as such--the skin softening on the face in the last couple shots is overdone in my opinion. The reason I say that is the viewer eye immediately goes from the soft / smooth face down to the skin on the neck and arm and the difference is obvious--thus it emphasizes the 'fakeness' of the face. I would either back off it a bit to reveal a little texture of the face to keep it looking 'real' and/or soften the 'comparison' skin so that the contrast between skin areas isn't so obvious.

Again, this is my personal opinion--but I did see it right away. Whether or not the bride will totally depends on how she 'sees' the picture.

Fantastic work overall though; these are great captures.

Sean

17. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thank you, Phil. I used the Sigma 18-50 2.8 and 50-150 2.8. I'm finding both lenses are excellent and much lighter than Nikon's comparable lenses.

Thanks, Helen!

Thank you, Greg. I agree about the eyes and am going to work on that this weekend. Her allergies were really giving her fits. It was extremely windy with a storm coming in so that certainly didn't help. She has beautiful eyes so I definitely want them to look their best. These were really quick edits. Thank you for taking the time to comment and provide such helpful C&C!

Appreciate it Sean! I am going to work on these images (from the beginning and not being rushed) this weekend. Gotta put that long weekend to good use! I will definitely watch the processing of the skin. Thank you!

18. Love the first two - Great work.

19. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Thank you, Paul! They're my favs as well.

20. i appreciate your reply
    the pictures are superb

shame about her allergies
    good luck with the pp'ing....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.