Recent Bridals

D

Debbi

It's been really busy lately with paid jobs, workshops and tag along opportunites. These shots were taken this past weekend. Such a sweet girl. What do you think?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 218684

I'm not finished with one yet. I still need to remove the red in her eyes.
View attachment 218685

View attachment 218686

Those are wonderful. Nicely composed. Only thing I would bring up is the redness in the eyes. Other than that, they look great!

D

Debbi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks! I did mention that I still need to fix the blood-shot eyes and just haven't had a chance to sit down and do it.

D

Debbi

Thank you Gordon. You are very kind.

Here's a repost of the last two sans the red eyes.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 218688

Very pretty bride... only things I might change in the last 2 images is to clone out the leave on the left side of the image it looks like it going to reach out and pinch her.. and may be whiten the teeth in the last one... I know only nit picking but only suggestions that I see!!!

D

Debbi

these are really beautiful shots...glad you're doing well and busy
Thank you, Brad! I'm glad I'm finally getting busy as well.:wink:

Repost look much better! Good stuff
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Very pretty bride... only things I might change in the last 2 images is to clone out the leave on the left side of the image it looks like it going to reach out and pinch her.. and may be whiten the teeth in the last one... I know only nit picking but only suggestions that I see!!!
I never even saw the two leaves and now it really makes me laugh. I will clone that out tonight and I thought about the teeth on the last one as well. Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

D

Debbi

Thank you so much for the kind words!

beautiful shots
your redos need to be redone a bit more....
her eyes are still too red, in my estimation

in fact... she has more red in her eyes than any bride i've seen in recent history (which is NOT YOUR FAULT, of course)
not sure what that is

i'd work on those eyes a bit more
and 11 x 14 or similar-sized print would really show how unattractive her eyes are

First of all: great work! I especially like the first two images.

As far as critique: this is a personal opinion so please take it as such--the skin softening on the face in the last couple shots is overdone in my opinion. The reason I say that is the viewer eye immediately goes from the soft / smooth face down to the skin on the neck and arm and the difference is obvious--thus it emphasizes the 'fakeness' of the face. I would either back off it a bit to reveal a little texture of the face to keep it looking 'real' and/or soften the 'comparison' skin so that the contrast between skin areas isn't so obvious.

Again, this is my personal opinion--but I did see it right away. Whether or not the bride will totally depends on how she 'sees' the picture.

Fantastic work overall though; these are great captures.

Sean

D

Debbi

They look great Debbi. What was the lens or lenses you used for these shots?
Thank you, Phil. I used the Sigma 18-50 2.8 and 50-150 2.8. I'm finding both lenses are excellent and much lighter than Nikon's comparable lenses.

Those are beautiful! I just ordered a Nikon 105mm macro that is supposed to be great for portraits. Can't wait for it to get here!
Thanks, Helen!

beautiful shots
your redos need to be redone a bit more....
her eyes are still too red, in my estimation

in fact... she has more red in her eyes than any bride i've seen in recent history (which is NOT YOUR FAULT, of course)
not sure what that is

i'd work on those eyes a bit more
and 11 x 14 or similar-sized print would really show how unattractive her eyes are
Thank you, Greg. I agree about the eyes and am going to work on that this weekend. Her allergies were really giving her fits. It was extremely windy with a storm coming in so that certainly didn't help. She has beautiful eyes so I definitely want them to look their best. These were really quick edits. Thank you for taking the time to comment and provide such helpful C&C!

First of all: great work! I especially like the first two images.

As far as critique: this is a personal opinion so please take it as such--the skin softening on the face in the last couple shots is overdone in my opinion. The reason I say that is the viewer eye immediately goes from the soft / smooth face down to the skin on the neck and arm and the difference is obvious--thus it emphasizes the 'fakeness' of the face. I would either back off it a bit to reveal a little texture of the face to keep it looking 'real' and/or soften the 'comparison' skin so that the contrast between skin areas isn't so obvious.

Again, this is my personal opinion--but I did see it right away. Whether or not the bride will totally depends on how she 'sees' the picture.

Fantastic work overall though; these are great captures.

Sean
Appreciate it Sean! I am going to work on these images (from the beginning and not being rushed) this weekend. Gotta put that long weekend to good use! I will definitely watch the processing of the skin. Thank you!

Thank you, Greg. I agree about the eyes and am going to work on that this weekend. Her allergies were really giving her fits. It was extremely windy with a storm coming in so that certainly didn't help. She has beautiful eyes so I definitely want them to look their best. These were really quick edits. Thank you for taking the time to comment and provide such helpful C&C!
i appreciate your reply
the pictures are superb

shame about her allergies
good luck with the pp'ing....

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom