1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Recent Fire Sales!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by davewolfs, Jul 12, 2008.

1. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Have any of you noticed how crazy people are getting with selling both their D300's and D3's lately?

I sold my D200 around a little over a month ago for $975 - not a bad sale at all in my opinion.

Last week I saw a relatively new D300 go for $1k, and now I am seeing D3's with under 10k actuations going for $3700. At this rate, it makes me wonder if the D700 is even worth it at @2999.

2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

in case u haven't noticed, we're in the midst of an economic melt down...there's all kinds of deals out there right now.

3. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    I see your point, but in these instances there were comments such as "making room for the D700".

4. Bodies are selling like crazy, but lenses are hard to come by. I remember seeing gluts of Nikon lenses being sold off prior to the D3/D300. Now, any good used lens is picked up right away!

5. ruchai

ruchai Guest

Nikon is very good at promoting their products before launching. I did not 'upgrade' my D200 to D300. From Nikon pre launch promotion I think I 'need' D700 after reading all those propragandas. I decided to have Nikon technicians do the comparision between D200 and D700. Here it is:

http://www.nikon-asia.com/compareproductitems.php?c%5B%5D=1257-63bae4a413&c%5B%5D=823-dd2dd021cb

The only difference that effects my type of photography is high ISO of just 2 stops!

I shall get my D700 after they start talking about D800.

6. Let them make all the room they need/want--we take in the homeless!

7. gvg45

gvg45

Jun 16, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    D3's for $3700? Can you direct me where your seeing these prices? I saw one go for $3800 last week but most I have seen have been listed for $4k+. They dont seem to be moving at that price but thats what there listed at.

8. drjiveturkey

drjiveturkey Guest

It was grey market on Fred Miranda without the Capture NX software.

9. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
    wow... point me to the fire.

10. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Capture NX might as well be free. The grey market is actually $3500 :)  There was also someone from this forum who sold a relatively new D300 for 1k.

11. yeah point me to one of these $1K D300's!!

12. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    Forget it. There is no surplus of used D300's. The going rate is about $1,400 with strong demand behind it. Even when the D700 is released the demand will not lower the price much, if any at all, because a lot of D200 owners want to upgrade. They will absorb the sales and any leftovers will be bought by first time owners looking for a discount.

13. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
  14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

wow, 2nd trick ...that's Steve here from the cafe` ...he's got my old 180 2.8..such a dilly...;-)))

15. That dude sounded desperate or very rich :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

16. TheCommons

TheCommons

Jul 2, 2008
    LA, CA ;)
    Mmm... fire sale

[​IMG]

17. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

na, not desperate:cool: 

18. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    It seems like your link is only one long price haggle forum post for a single camera. Read what the seller wrote later in that post:

"Hey now, I just joined and never expected to be inundated with offers like that. I am starting to think I may have priced it too low, but isn;t 60 percent of new the usual rule of thumb? "

Another member responded...

"Hey thats a great rule of thumb if your a legit seller. However when someone who has just joined the forum posts an item for $300-$400 less than what the item is fetching and does not accept paypal/credit cards it puts up a red flag.

I find the members here at FM tend to look out for one another and this is just a simple reminder to be aware of who your are dealing with as there is always someone out there looking to pull a fast one."

Now here is the actual link of items for sale on Fred Miranda and the LACK of D300's...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10

19. drjiveturkey

drjiveturkey Guest

They are listed for $1300 to $1400 but its not hard to go lower. Especially since the retail price has dropped from $1800 to $1650. In fact it wasn't too long ago that you could get them new at dell for $1400 after coupons. I picked up a like new one for $1100 shipped/paypaled.

20. Eye Spy

Eye Spy Guest

Yes lots are listed for 1400 but they aren't marked sold...I think about 1100 is probably realistic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.