recent high school softball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by jjohnsey, May 10, 2007.

1. jjohnsey

jjohnsey

Apr 6, 2007
    Jasper, AL
    Shot area playoffs on Tuesday. Great game and team but with really high sun and harsh light.

1. Ball on bat
    [​IMG]

2. Ball in frame
    [​IMG]

3. Another
    [​IMG]

4. Head first slide at home..Safe!
    [​IMG]

5. Shortstop over second base.
    [​IMG]

6. Shortstop makes great play toward 3rd.
    [​IMG]

7. Catcher makes catch on foul ball.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking and comments.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These look pretty darned nice Jim. Are these heavily cropped, they look a bit choppie on my monitor. Tell us what body and lens you used. You handled the exposures pretty well, the sun can be so tough on digital exposure settings. Not sure what size you reduced them to for web us, but reducing the longest side to 800 pixels seems to work out well. Welcome to the Cafe, we hope that you will be a regular contributer here.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank is right on the size:>))

Looks like good action shots

4. jjohnsey

jjohnsey

Apr 6, 2007
    Jasper, AL
    Frank,

All were shot w/D2x and 80-200 AF-S. Shot tight and cropped tighter. Aperature priority iso 100. SS ranged from 1000 -2000. I was inside the fence between home and first base. I'm pretty friendly with both the coach and the umps so we had a chalked area that was "dead ball for photographer" on both base lines against the dugouts. I must have missed the instructions about resizing can you point me in that direction? Photoshop was autolevels and usm at 75 .9 and 0. Any suggestions regarding USM? Not real sure what I'm doing or how much is to much.

Thanks for looking

5. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN

Agreed.

:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.