Recent Intego Barrier X-5 Experiences

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by HJ52, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Hi,

I have an Intel Mac and am thinking about installing this program. I've searched Intego in this forum but did not find any recent experience info. Maybe I missed something.

I would use the program for both Mac and Windows applications, so I'm interested in experiences with either system. I know a lot of people say that the Mac does not need additional firewall and virus programs but I prefer to err on the safe side if the additional program does not cause problems.

Thanks,
    Hobart

2. I don't know much about this program but it has always been my impression that it was for the Mac platform only. ? If that is the case then you would have to add some other protective program for the Windows side. Regardless of whether or not you install a firewall/virus program for the Mac OS, you really do need to for your Windows OS even if it is in an intel Mac.

ETA: Just had a look and realize that there IS a dual version available that includes BOTH the Mac and Windows platforms! Mea culpa....

3. Thanks for your response. I decided to try Intego.

Hobart

4. mdirvin

mdirvin

Jan 30, 2007
    East TN
    I believe I read somewhere that for the dual version Intego bundles a third party firewall, and virus program not their own. (for the windows version)

Mike