Recent Intego Barrier X-5 Experiences

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by HJ52, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Hi,

I have an Intel Mac and am thinking about installing this program. I've searched Intego in this forum but did not find any recent experience info. Maybe I missed something.

I would use the program for both Mac and Windows applications, so I'm interested in experiences with either system. I know a lot of people say that the Mac does not need additional firewall and virus programs but I prefer to err on the safe side if the additional program does not cause problems.

Thanks,
    Hobart

2. I don't know much about this program but it has always been my impression that it was for the Mac platform only. ? If that is the case then you would have to add some other protective program for the Windows side. Regardless of whether or not you install a firewall/virus program for the Mac OS, you really do need to for your Windows OS even if it is in an intel Mac.

ETA: Just had a look and realize that there IS a dual version available that includes BOTH the Mac and Windows platforms! Mea culpa....

3. Thanks for your response. I decided to try Intego.

Hobart

4. mdirvin

mdirvin

Jan 30, 2007
    East TN
    I believe I read somewhere that for the dual version Intego bundles a third party firewall, and virus program not their own. (for the windows version)

Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.