Recent Model Work

ashlee-shoot-009pp-2-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ashlee-shoot-011pp-XL.jpg

ashlee-shoot-023pp-XL.jpg

ashlee-shoot-118-XL.jpg

DSC9870edited-XL.jpg

DSC1965edited-XL.jpg

DSC1968edited-XL.jpg

DSC1905edited-XL.jpg

DSC9932edited-XL.jpg

DSC9909edited-XL.jpg

Very nice!! I don't think 4 is working for me, but I'm really liking 6 and 7!!

Thanks. 4 was more experimental and I wanted to see how a wide angle and her long limbs would look trying to mimic the tree limbs.

I'm sure it was intentional and you are aware of it, but I'm not thrilled with how the wide angle lens exaggerates the size of her hips in #6.

I like #3 a lot. She has very nice piercing eyes and the shot captures them very well for me.

I really like number 3, but number 4 is kind of a turn off. Number 2 is very nice but somehow her teeth is distracting me from the whole photo. (and don't ask me why)

We all know that you shouldn't take pictures off beautifull girls with wide angles because proportions will be exaggerated......

But you knew exactly what you were doing.

Great pics!

Maybe so, but the models asked to shoot at this location because of the surrounding elements.

John

If that what the client wants, I understand, however, compositionally speaking the surrounding elements were not arranged in a visually complementary manner, they are competing for attention or distracting. For example #2 I can't help but feel that the model is going to poke her eye into that tree stump in the bottom left hand corner, otherwise this would have been a great shot. #4 all the trees and leaveless branches, the sun flare and angle, don't seem to have geometrical/optical cohesiveness, seems like 4 musicians each one playing a different song. # 5 and #8 have similar traits, but not to the extent of # 4.

Jon....nice series....two things that kind of distract me..........#3, the halter top string in the lower left corner, and in #6, the hair covering part of her face. Otherwise, well done!!!

John

If that what the client wants, I understand, however, compositionally speaking the surrounding elements were not arranged in a visually complementary manner, they are competing for attention or distracting. For example #2 I can't help but feel that the model is going to poke her eye into that tree stump in the bottom left hand corner, otherwise this would have been a great shot. #4 all the trees and leaveless branches, the sun flare and angle, don't seem to have geometrical/optical cohesiveness, seems like 4 musicians each one playing a different song. # 5 and #8 have similar traits, but not to the extent of # 4.

I agree with 3, but she had a great look, to me anyway.

For 4, I was going for the look you actually described. I love twisted gnarly, trees that go off in all directions, and the model was up for trying to get twisted to mimic it.

Great series. Love #3 but then again, I'm a sucker for close up portraits, especially with someone that has incredible eyes like hers.

I really like number 3, but number 4 is kind of a turn off. Number 2 is very nice but somehow her teeth is distracting me from the whole photo. (and don't ask me why)

+1. Not sure if it is only being able to see the middle two (she almost appears "buck teethed") or maybe they just need to be brightened. Definitely something is off. Great variety in the set.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom