1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Recent Senior: Jaymi CC Please

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by 06FZ6, Sep 8, 2008.

1. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    Let me have it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I like the first two... nice poses. I don't care for the background in #3. All of these are just a touch hot.

3. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    #1 is good and I like the lighting. I would just crop out some of the extra space above her head and whiten up her teeth a little.

#2 looks good and I like the background.

#3 looks slightly overexposed and the pose doesn't work for me. I would like to see her body turned a little more towards the camera. Also crop that extra space above her head.

The catch light look square, were you using a softbox? If so, what size?

4. Geeez, I like em all. If any nitpick it would be the very serious look she is giving in photo 2. Very wholesome lady

5. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    I like them. They're a little hot, but I tend to like portraits kind of hot.

6. zerocool

zerocool

Jan 21, 2008
    Tracy Calif
    i like the first 2..love #2, great composition...

however i dunno bout the 3rd maybe over exposed? it just doesnt seem natural... maybe its the background?

7. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    I was using a 32" Wescott shoot through umbrella as main.

8. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    Seems to work nice.

9. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    I actually like the umbrella a lot more than i like my 15" Alzo softboxes, and umbrellas are a whole lot cheaper! I just dont like round catch lights.

10. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    I finally realized that #3 bugs me because of the fairly strong shadow from her nose.

11. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    HEY! No take-backs! :tongue:

12. i like #s 1 and 2 the most
    they are a bit hot....
    which is fine.... but, it's the minimal UNDERsaturation that bothers me... easily fixed in post.... if YOU want to do so

pretty girl
    i agree that #3 doesn't really "work."

thanks for sharing

13. #3 background is a yucky color for skin tones to go against. could have taken a different angle on number two but it's ok and I like the first.

14. I will follow the general consensus regarding image 3. Also, they appear a bit soft to me. Maybe add a little smart sharpen or USM to the web sized images. I would definitely sharpen them for print.

15. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Nice work. I really like the 2nd image ...

Best Regards,

16. I like #1. Great balancing of light.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.