Reclining - Cat and Buddha, Thailand 2004 (img)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bendheim, Feb 4, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

Reclining - Cat and Buddha, Thailand 2004
    D2H 12-24

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Interesting shot, confusing perspective

That's an interesting shot, Peter. But, with the pillars in the distance, and the cat in the foreground, it's very hard for me to tell how big that thing is.

3. Thats the beauty of the 12-24

The buddha is actually very large indeed, say 100 feet from head to toe and proportionally tall.

When I saw it, I was immediately struck by the humor and irony of the reclining cat next to the Buddha and the only lens that was able to take in what my eye saw was this one.

I quite like the confusion of perspective; it forces one to stop and think and take notice of an image and try to interpret the relationships between the objects/subjects. That to me is what photography is all about.

4. Excellent shot, Peter. Brings a dose of natural to an otherwise "supernatural" scene.

Great catch!

5. I really like this one Peter! Of course, I'm partial to cats...but this is a wonderful juxtaposition.

6. Interesting treatment and one I like.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Puss 'n Boods

I'm sure the cat was a servant or laboror in the former life and now gets to just sleep all day while the world gos on around it. At least govinda there would say so. Why is there a beadspread over the statue? Interesting.

8. Re: Thats the beauty of the 12-24

I agree, the humor/irony of the two reclining is very appealing. The confusion on perspective also adds to it.