1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Recommend a New CELL phone.!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darrell, Sep 21, 2008.

1. It will be to replace my old Motorola Razr V cell phone.

The most important criteria for me is listening or sound quality. So while all the other extra features are nice they aren't worth a darn if I can't hear a conversation clearly. At age 66, I am sure my hearing has declined a bit but I still do hear fairly well IMO. (Of course my wife might disagree! :wink:) 

ATT/Cingular is my carrier so the phone must be compatible with the ATT network.

Your suggestions and recommendations will be appreaciated....

2. hellogan

hellogan

Nov 26, 2007
    Chicago
    The Blackberry Curve is a very nice phone and it has a loud ear piece in my opinion.

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Iphone my dear...best phone on the market.

4. I can't compare the phones in post 2 and 3, but my iPhone on AT&T has much better sound quality than the 3 phone sI had previous on Verizonwireless.

Of course, if you are not into apps, music, email and web surfing, along with photo storage, the iPhone may be over kill.

5. The I Phone is attractive but as Allen suggested is overkill for my basic needs. $$ Not cheap either!

6. Interesting! I like the size of the Pearl, wonder if it has the same speaker?

7. AT&T and other in the Minneapolis, MN area are so inferior to Verizon that AT&T employees who have use of free phone and minutes regularly purchase and pay for Verizon. I have tried them all and in this area is superior. You might want to check this out in your area, I haven't had a dropped call in over 8 years.

8. I am interested too. Only really need decent size numbers for dialing and good sound. As a Apple boy forever the iphone is enticing in many ways except the insane price to own for basic phone calls.

9. iPhone

iPhone for a couple of reasons - one: The volume to listen to conversations is great

and the second reason: The keypad - large numerals - Some blackberry phones are notoriously bad for the size of the key pads... But the iPhone is amazing.

Other than that I can't think of another phone ... LG phones are great as well volume wise.

10. I use a headset with my cell phone. I have problems with my hearing and it has definitely been an improvement. I use the Bluetooth variety to avoid wires. There is a fairly wide selection, at different price points.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
  11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i've never done a text message in my life and don't care too have all the bells and whistles i'll never use. my needs are basically the same ...only extra i require is a good speaker phone and an alarm. Nokia has worked perfectly for me. never ever had a problem with any of them and they've always been FREE!

;-)))

12. 1+ for Nokia!
    I went from Motorola to Nokia, and have never looked back. If you are looking for a basic phone where all you need it's a phone, take a look a the free phones that ATT is offering. The have the best sound quality and good reception.

13. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    the iPhone is no more "overkill" than a BB or Treo or any other converged device - and as a former user of many different smart phones, I can assure you that there is nothing easier to use, except maybe another razr or the like.

If you are certain you won't jump into loading tons of video on your device, get an 8gb iPhone and try it for the 30 day trial period. If it's too much, take it back. My bet is that you'll keep it - if for no other reasons than the sound quality and the distracting simplicity of it!

14. I vouch for the sound quality being very hard of hearing

15. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

Love love love my blackberry curve!

16. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Curve

I have owned several types of cell phones but after letting my daughters talk me into a Blackberry Curve I will only use it. Terrific!

17. Sam, living in the North Georgia dropped calls isn't a problem that I have experienced. My need is for just a good basic phone that has a clear and loud speaker.

18. You guys are making a good case for the sound quality and volume of the Iphone. Down loading music dosn't interest me.
    Now if It could tune in live am talk radio that could be a plus.

19. So you would say the BB curve has improved volume and sound vs most typical cell phones?

20. FREE is always good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.