Recommend an Android app for GPS & sun rise/set

I need a sunrise/sunset app and a GPS app that I can use offline for Android. I don't mind paying for it. GOS for the US (Southeast specifically). Any suggestions?

IsamuM

Not-quite-
TPE is great and much, much more than a sunrise/sunset, moonrise/moonset app. And since you can select the map to use, you can use it offline.

I'll subscribe to this one, very keen to know which people prefer from the two main contenders.

Just bought and installed Sun Surveyor - it's outstanding! The 3D Compass is amazing and the live camera view showing exactly where the sun is now and where it will be in an hour's time or three hours ago etc is mind blowing. Probably the best app I've ever bought! Thanks Chad for asking the question :880:

The Photographers Ephemeris

The Photographer's Ephemeris is available in the Google Play Store for $4.99 and is quite complete.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the live camera view showing exactly where the sun is now and where it will be in an hour's time or three hours ago etc is mind blowing.

Agreed - I figured that I would give it a try after you posted this and it is fantastic.

Now I just need a good GPS app that I can use offline?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom