Recommend me a monopod

Ah.

Yeah, winter is tough here also, sometimes it gets down to 65 for a spring baseball game; all the snowbirds come out with their overcoats on and gloves. I risk it without gloves to keep shooting. :whistle:
Let me know if you're ever looking for an adoptable older fellow who would only hang around during the winter.

Let me know if you're ever looking for an adoptable older fellow who would only hang around during the winter.
Sure. As soon as the seemingly endless supply we get now coming down I-75 each winter dries up. :)

I was all excited about the border wall Trump wanted to build until I heard it didn't cover the Georgia/Alabama - Florida border. :mad:

I like the Manfrotto 685B NeoTec Pro Photo Monopod. Manfrotto 685B NeoTec Pro Photo Monopod with Safety Lock 685B It is heavier than a CF monopod and looks a little odd, but it has no levers or twist locks to slow you down when changing height. I use it for shooting squirrels mostly, but it comes in handy for everything. The grip-lock allows one to change height almost instantly. I use the Kirk MPA-1 which has been replaced by the MPA-2 as a head. Works very well with my D500 + 300 f/2.8 and fairly well with the 400 f/2.8 VR. I've even used it with a 600 f/4. For the shot listed below (not linked due to size), I was able to drop to the height of the bench seat instantly and get a few images at eye level of the squirrel using my D800E + 600 /f4. http://www.mike-meek.com/Photo/Squirrels/2016/1500x/22636-D8E-200-1500.jpg

I have a Sirui 4 section CF monopod that fits inside my Crumpler Roadie 7500 for easy transportation - that is why I bought it. MY Manfrotto is slightly longer and heavier but I still use it ir I go out with a backpack to carry it in.

I use a Novoflex 19 (very small) ball head which although rated for 5Kg can support more.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom