Recommend Metallic Paper for Canon Pro9000 MarkII?

I want to try outputting some of my landscape images on metallic paper, using my Canon Pixma Pro9000 MarkII printer. Doing a search on Amazon yielded a link to Canon's Pro Platinum paper. However, it's not clear (to me at least) from the description whether this paper is truly metallic, and not just "extra-glossy".

Has anyone used this paper with this printer? Or is there another paper you would recommend for my purposes? My goal is sharp, crisp prints that really pop!

Thanks!

I want to try outputting some of my landscape images on metallic paper, using my Canon Pixma Pro9000 MarkII printer. Doing a search on Amazon yielded a link to Canon's Pro Platinum paper. However, it's not clear (to me at least) from the description whether this paper is truly metallic, and not just "extra-glossy".

Has anyone used this paper with this printer? Or is there another paper you would recommend for my purposes? My goal is sharp, crisp prints that really pop!

Thanks!

No advice for me? ....Anyone? :frown: BTW - to me, "metallic" means something similar to Red River's "Polar Pearl Metallic". In other words - really shiny!

Thanks.

I believe that the paper is as you first thought super high gloss and is a heavy weight high gloss version of Photo Paper Glossy II.

AFAIK Canon do not manufacture a 'true' metallic paper - but I could be wrong!

Good choice, I have used Red River PP Metallic and it gives excellent results in my opinion.

I use the same printer and the pro platinum paper.It is in my opinion not metallic but it does give excellent results. The prints do POP and the colors are really good.I did have a pro lab print one of my photos on metallic and there clearly is a difference. I still use the paper and on occassion have the pro lab do a metallic print.

I use the pro platinum paper in ny canon printer. With the high gloss the colors really do Pop.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom