Recommendation for Photography Workshops/Classes?

Can anyone recommend one or more good photography workshops, ideally within driving distance of Boston, MA? I've spent a good amount of money on gear in the last year and have decided that I really ought to think more about improving my skills than acquiring more gear now. I feel like I have a reasonable grasp of the technical aspects of photography (at least, available light and basic flash photography). I'd really like to take a couple of classes or workshops to improve my skills and perhaps expose me to other areas of photography I haven't explored on my own.

I'd be open to workshops on landscape, nature, portrait, candid, street photography etc. And perhaps even on advanced flash and other technique topics. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I've been googling all morning and come up almost empty - the only interesting thing I found is the continuing education classes offered by the New England School of Photography. Their classes sound interesting but their summer session has started and they haven't posted their fall schedule yet.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always recommend your local community college. It doesn't cost anything, and although most classes focus most of the time on the very basics (exposure, aperture, focal length...) you will get a whole bunch of assignments that are worth doing, and you'll learn a lot from seeing how others interpreted the assignments.

Check out Kelby Online training, there is a wealth of information all in the form of online tutorials. I love it, check it out. :smile:

Halftime in Central Florida, halftime RV'ing.
Check out Kelby Online training, there is a wealth of information all in the form of online tutorials. I love it, check it out. :smile:

Ditto Kelby. Good stuff there. Also check out NAPP (National Association of photoshop Professionals). Tons of useful info and tutorials on post processing. Well worth the yearly fee IMHO. Here:

http://www.photoshopuser.com/

Latest threads

Top Bottom