Recommendations for photo class/workshop in MA, NH, ME?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leahp26, Jul 1, 2008.

1. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Hello all

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for evening classes/weekend workshops in the MA, NH or ME areas?

I've done a bunch of searches and the Maine Workshops look amazing but I'm not sure I can take a whole week off work. New Englad School of Photography has some DSLR classes but they're sold out through September. The next Nikon school in this area is not until next year.

I attended a couple of basic short sessions at my local Calumet on the D300 and Nikon CLS but they were more of a quick overview.

I feel like I know the real BASICs (as in I understand how to turn the camera on, the differences between P, M, A, S setting etc) but I'm looking to better understand everything else - including flash/lighting.

If anyone knows of such a class/course/workshop I would be really happy to look into it

Thanks

Leah

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    You might look into the NECCC. They have an annual gathering in MA, it's a long weekend. I've never been, but a few newbies in the club have been and they loved it.

3. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Thank you Baywing - I just checked it out and it's actually next weekend. I'm going to call and see if I can still register - looks like a pretty busy agenda so hopefully quite a few of the sessions will be useful. Thanks!!

Anyone else planning on attending this meeting in Amherst, MA?