1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Recommendations for vacations camera and lenses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trynforpar, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Greetings all: Need some equipment advice as I am leaving for vacation in California soon. I own a D80 and a D300. The lenses I own are 12/24, 70/300, 18/200 and a 10.5 mm fisheye. What should I take on vacation with me. I use the D300 as my main camera with the D80 as a back-up.

2. Depending on how light you want to go, I'd take the 12-24 and 70-300, and the 10.5 is so small-why not throw it in as well.
    Where are you headed in CA?

Ted

3. Starting in Sacramento and then onto Tahoe, Yosemite, Calistoga and finally San Francisco. I'm very excited.

4. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Is this a Family trip or a photo trip? If family take the D80 and the 18-200, I'd add the 10.5 for really wide stuff since you can "de-fish" the images and get ok wide shots. Or forget the fish and just put multiple shots together.

If this is a photo trip bring it all, or all but the 18-200 and get a 28-105 to fill the gap and get those macro shots (it's only 1:2 not 1:1 but still good).

5. I second what David Zvi says. It depends on what the main thrust of the trip is. The 18-200 is just the best walk-around lens for a vacation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.