Recording studio Portrait

While shooting interior shots today for a local recording studio one of their up and coming clients walked in and became a willing subject. I was able to set up 2 bare strobes (rim & background light) and a 42" umbrella (camera right). To quickly achieve this shot. Let me know what you guys think, I like the motion from the rear sync mode and the soft focus. I was going for a light flash look.

iso250 F5.6 @ 1/10sec

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

here are a few more from today...

and one of the upstairs studio shots

Thanks guys,
I just did quick edits on these in light room, as soon as I get some time ill clean them up in CS3.
The Studio was very cool! It is Starkelake studios in Orlando Florida. That studio shot is their upstairs not there main board. I'll post a few more shots later of the main control room.

Thanks for you comments....

they look nice.. only nit.. now this is from a non portrait shooter.. the face seems to be a little out of focus in all of them..

they look nice.. only nit.. now this is from a non portrait shooter.. the face seems to be a little out of focus in all of them..
I agree but I think a lot of the softness comes from the ultra slow shutter speeds and not enough flash to freeze the motion. But that said I am still in transition from My d50 and not remembering to just change my focus point instead of focusing then re-composing.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom