1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Recycle electronics (how to)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lou Buscher, May 29, 2007.

1. Thanks, Lou. Very important to recycle!

Cellphones which are still working but not on a service contract can normally be dropped off at the local police station which will forward them to women's shelters. 911 can still be dialed from an active non-contract phone. These phones are handed out to women in distress who might be hiding from an abusive person.

Computers can be donated to local groups which teach people how to repair PCs. Try your local directories first. Save shipping costs, help the locals.

2. I have donated my old PCs to children centres and stuff, but never knew about the cell phones. I will do that when my contract with Rogers runs out next year.

3. I'll confirm the cell phone 911 usage... give them with the charger to maybe an elderly couple to keep in the car for an emergency or something... great way to re-use an old phone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.